DennisLinkletter

Mahi Mahi

Last weekend the kids and I drove to the north shore of Bali to swim with dolphins. While there we had some very fresh, grilled Mahi Mahi at a small 4 table beachside restaurant. I asked for it to be only "half cooked".. What they delivered was nothing short of amazing.. almost tasted sweet.

When I came home and saw FireMonkey's grilled fish post at "Whats cooking for the 4th??" I just had to run out and buy some..

Simple salt, pepper and some EVOO..

IMG_2007.jpg

Cooked it about 7 minutes at 425º until it was 130º at it's thickest (140º where it was thin) Flipped for only about 1 minute because it was already to temp. Missed taking the inside shots but it was great..

IMG_2009.jpg

Sai made a beautiful salad which was worth shooting too!

IMG_2010.jpg

Oh I almost forgot.. the fish was amazing..

Sai, myself and the two lil ones ate it all.

;);)

Imaginary Mahi Mahi (forgot to take pictures!)

Hubby brought home some new charcoal (Frontier) and it is soooo much

better than the BGE stuff. Much less dust and larger heavier chunks. They

took a bit longer to light, but were much easier to smother when I was done.

Plus the price was half what we paid for the BGE bag from California Backyard - I know, everything is over priced at CA BYd.

Anyway, attempted some grilled mahi mahi. I got a nice flame and some hot coals going and dropped them onto the sear grill. Turned out very pretty - I love grill marks. Placed a couple thin slices of Meyer lemons from the backyard on top. Hubby loved it, but I felt it was a bit too smoky for my taste. The Mayo Family Pinot Gris made it all worth while. :lol:

p.s. - Prior to cooking the fish, I needed to cook up some beet greens I had

leftover in the fridge, so I sauteed them in a grill basket while the coals were heating up. Oh my gosh they are so smoky and fantastic! I will stuff these and some avocado slices into a couple nice warm corn tortillas for lunch tomorrow. And since I work from home, I'll enjoy a yummy Blue Moon brew along with them.

I

Anyway, attempted some grilled mahi mahi. I got a nice flame and some hot coals going and dropped them onto the sear grill. Turned out very pretty - I love grill marks. Placed a couple thin slices of Meyer lemons from the backyard on top. Hubby loved it, but I felt it was a bit too smoky for my taste. The Mayo Family Pinot Gris made it all worth while. :lol:

Small world.. my father, Jack lived in Healdsburg for years before his passing and the Mayo's were very good friends of his.. I met with them many times and their oh so beautiful daughter, Malika visited me in Bangkok on her honeymoon..

;);)