cruzmisl

Which tube for a BBQ guru?

inducer

I'm using the bulkhead inducer tube, because it is easily removable. Why would you want to remove it? If you also use a Stoker. One minor issue some of us have had is that the last, or farthest, snap ring groove isn't far enough out to allow the snap ring to fit it. It's not a problem. The wall of the KK is so thick, none of the snap ring grooves will be outside the KK when you put the threaded nut on the bulkhead inducer tube and push it through from the inside. The solution is simple. Put the threaded nut on the tube just enough to secure it. Remove the snap ring. Push the tube through the wall of the KK from the inside until the nut comes up against the inner wall of the KK. The tube will stick out, but none of the snap ring grooves will. Put the snap ring on the tube, flush up against the outside of the face plate. It won't be in a groove, but it doesn't matter. It grips the inducer tube fine with just its' spring pressure. Works fine. No need to machine a new groove, or try any other machinations. Just leave it like that. However, if you like, you can mark that spot on the tube and have a machinist machine a groove. Don't try this without snap ring pliers.

Here are two photos. You can clearly see the snap ring is not in a groove, just firmly purchasing the tube by virtue of spring pressure. It's totally secure. I suppose we could ask the manufacturer to machine one more groove distal to the current outermost one. This would allow snap ring placement in a groove, on the "thicker" KK's.

http://gallery.me.com/mpguerra#100173