cruzmisl

I bought a new coffee grinder.

I just got a new grinder for my espresso machine. Its a Compak K10 WBC. Its an absolute beauty designed for the commercial environment. If its good for the pros its perfect for me :) I didn't really need it since my old grinder was just fine. I went through 4lbs of coffee dialing in the grind but but now its bang on and produces great espresso.

Here is a picture of it next to my Elektra T1.

compak.jpg

Nice Elektra!

How do you like the K10 WBC? Did you consider any other grinders? I recently upgraded my espresso machine, and now need to get something better than my Macap M4 to go along with it. I've been looking at some of the larger conicals, and this is on my list as are the Macap M7K, Mahlkonig Vario, and maybe the Cimbali Max Hybrid...

It really boiled down to the MaxHybrid, Mazzer Major/Kony and the Compak.

The MACAP's looks didn't really do anything for me so it was out

The MaxHybrid's looks are the worst of the bunch. I hated the old 70's style brown and stainless look which is what I had with my Rancilio MD40. Sure it would have saved me $500 but I would have regretted it. Its also loud from what I have read.

The Mazzers look great but I couldn't justify spending the money for the Major that uses larger flat burrs and the Kony gets mixed reviews. It is expensive, has 63mm burrs and grinds very slow.

The Mahlkonig is sweet but was out of my price range and I'm not sure on the doserless concept.

Which left me with the Compak. Its not perfect either but it looks good, its quiet, has 68mm conical burrs and grinds really fast. Not to mention I got a good deal on it and it matches my T1 quite nicely. The doser is really nice too

I really like it so far.

AEROPRESS Coffee Maker ;-)

I can't say enough good things about this product.. Great gift for any coffee connoisseur in your life.. Don't let it's simplicity or price fool you into thinking it's a compromise of any kind...

AEROPRESS Coffee Maker

Take your home roasted coffee and run it thru this innovative coffee maker designed by a lecturer in mechanical engineering at Stanford University.

Results are comparable to the $11,000 Clover Machine that Starbucks is installing. Do some Googling and read the reviews..

After I got mine, I bought ten and sent them to all my coffee drinking friends..

aero_press_04.jpg

http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress_story.htm