mguerra

Chastised

I surf the Primo forums daily, they have a lot of good info. Unlike this forum, they really discourage you from mentioning other forums or other brands of cookers. I linked to a forum page here recommending Johhnyboy covers and got quite a little scolding. It's really refreshing to know we can discuss whatever we want to here. Thanks, Dennis.

they seem a little paranoid

My guess is most Primo buyers would be put off by the price of KK; they shouldn't worry over there that they are going to lose customers. There is a price point for every buyer, and those who really want and can afford a KK are going to get one. Far more people can afford a Primo and they will get them. Dennis has it exactly right in his welcome to this forum, there's a niche for everyone! And I was just trying to do them a favor by recommending our Johnnyboy to make them their covers!

I still find it odd that they force you to register to read the forum. Most forums only require you to register if you wish to post. I argued for unregistered reading in the beginning, but they felt that registering was easy and they want some commitment from visitors if they are going to benefit from the knowledge on their board. Another way of looking at it, I guess.

no links

Yes, it was the link to the KK forum specifically. But they didn't kick me out, just said don't link to competitors forums. That's fine, I suppose. Primo pays for the forum and they can set their guidelines, it's OK. But I much prefer Dennis' philosophy!

I have a forum that I run for my company in a different industry more the size of the bretheren....I undersatnd their philosophy...it is marketing dollars and at this size of furum which is a mini cult it works but as the forum grows larger you loose the focus and intent of the forum itself.

I think all of these have a purpose and are a great collection of bias' and attitudes.....

Actually if you load up a primo with all the bells and whistles the KK is a better deal by far.