qundoy

just arrived

KK Gen II, Levi Blue arrived this afternoon in a blinding rain storm, well maybe not blinding, but it made things miserable for myself and the truck driver. ITS BEAUTIFUL!!. Buddy of mine got rained out and came by to help, he stood on the porch and gave some pretty sarcastic moral support and encouragement as i was unbolting the crate in the rain. Looking forward to some ribs tomorrow.

The extra plugs?, leav'em in? will they take the heat?

thanks Conodo12, i will try to get some pics posted, the unit came with a rubber plug in the KKooker just forward of the roti, bracket mounting hardware, i assume this is for a temp probe. the KK also came with 2 extra plugs. I'm not sure what they are for or the purpose. all help is appreciated

Dennis, haven't cooked on it yet and i already love it

you are right

The pics on the site are good, but not as good as having it in your possession. i have a bit of work to do this morning and will get her fired up early afternoon for some spares that are trimmed, rubbed and waiting in the fridge.

thanks Conodo12' date=' i will try to get some pics posted, the KK also came with 2 extra plugs. I'm not sure what they are for or the purpose.[/quote']

OK, post the pics soon and we will get it figured out. Bottom line, if they are the same size as the plug that was in the KK for the temp probes, well then they are extras. Keep 'em in case you need 'em. If they are bigger, then they may be for the Guru/Stoker port on the bottom right of the cooker. Do you have a port there now or is it just "ready" for a port?

plugs

They are way to small for the guru port, It is the hole for the temp probe to pass thru, just dont know if i should leave it in during cooks or not, gonna make the first cook today, ribs, i wont be needing a temp probe for this. so...the question is leave it in or take it out.

I will try to post a pic

thanks

Tcoliver and Conodo12, thanks for the assistance, it was time to start cooking so i just figured if it melts i will clean it up,

The first cook went extremely easy, i was expecting a bit of a learning curve on the ceramic, loaded it full of lump lit 4-5 pieces in the chimney, when it got to 200 i started closing the dampers using what i knew from other cookers and had it settle at 225, stayed there for approx 4 hrs then it spiked to 230 for the last 2 hrs of cooking. once at 225 temp i never touched the dampers. Its amazing, i burned approx 2 lbs of lump, royal oak. Wife was taking pics, i just need to figure out how to get them on here.

thermometer port

You can use the thermometer hole plugs or not, it's a pretty small air leak. I put them in right on top of the thermometer wires when doing a cook. They are super flexible and conforming. Or, sometimes I don't use it.

You could just open a free Flickr account to put up photos, that would create a link in your posts to the photos.

Or use the "Add image to post" tool below the posting box.