T Rex

Just when you thought that it couldn't get better.......

For starters, I know that you have all seen a ton of pork ribs, many from me however........... these were freaking outstanding! :D:D

Used a 50/50 mix of Royal Oak briquettes on top of some Wicked Good Lump..... dispersed with home cured Apple Wood chunks. No, no, no not 3" by 10" but six or seven around 2.5 sq inch pieces......... no logs this time.... Tuned the KK to 250F and put the ribs on that were seasoned with a dry rub, Whoreschester ( :D ), garlic, etc......

Sooooooooo, we have to start somewhere:

Homemade sauce

20100520_1173.jpg

Somewhat bare naked ribs.....

20100520_1179.jpg

The KK rearing to go.......

20100520_1180.jpg

A sneak peak after 3.5 hours to glaze with sauce......

20100520_1174.jpg

Can it really get any better than this.......

20100520_1176.jpg

Over the lips, past the gums, look out tummy.....cause here it comes!

20100520_1177.jpg

Oh yeah, and a picture of the Van Isle Boyz

20091206_0837-1.jpg

Dennis, ribs were outstanding, MERCI BEAUCOUP!

T Rex

Good looking cook T-Rex!

Wow! You and the Mrs. can really put away some ribs!!! :lol::lol:

Great observation Conodo, in reality T Rex has gotten a little lazy.... :( I find that you can vacuum seal these babies and they are superb warmed up in the micro..............

T Rex

T Rex:

I was so distracted by the lovely pix of the Boyz I forgot to ask my question. How do you know when the ribs are 1 hour from done and its time to apply the sauce?

Susan

Hi Susan, the Boyz said to say Hi..... ;)

I have now done around 10 rib cooks on the KK and they all took around 4.5 to 5 hours to do at 250F to 275F. Sooooooooooo, I sauce them after 3.5 hours and it seems to work. I find that if you sauce that far in advance the ribs will be dry to the touch when done and the sauce seems to "lock in" the moisture for more moist ribs......... The Maple syrup in the sauce also caramelizes and gives the ribs a nice "patina".... :D

T Rex

Welcome to the Forum

Hey Gary, welcome to the Forum! :)

The rub I used was from Chris Lilly's cookbook however, I leave out the salt as we find there is enough with the "salted" spices and both Mrs. T Rex and I have reduced our salt intake dramatically......... I will see if I can find the original recipe for the sauce which I have modified many times. Unfortunately I don't measure anything, just a bit of this and a pinch of that, a few finger dips, etc......... I'll see what I can do. ;)

T Rex