LarryR

What's going on your KK Memorial Weekend 2010?

deliciosa

The Mojo (pronounced Mo Ho, not Mo Joe) pork was delicious! The citrus based sauce gave it a wonderful flavor. In fact, here's a neat trick. Prep and cook your pork butt any way you like, with the paste called for in the recipe, or not. But definitely make the Mojo sauce; that's the flavor bomb for this recipe, more so than the rub. Pour the sauce all over the pulled pork, it's a tangy, delicious alternative to straight pulled pork.

The little splash of balsamic in the brisket was excellent as well. It was melt in your mouth tender but not mushy. I had kind of trash talked briskets last year in favor of chuck rolls, but I rescind those remarks! The combo of my marinade and the fast hot foil trick makes for flawless briskies.

Of course everyone raved, but that's old news for us KK'ers, isn't it?

The real question is if Mike was impressed enough, or goaded enough by his wife, to get a KK. I'm fixing to go play golf with him in an hour and we will see what he says.

Get your Mojo on!

Little late

I'm late in posting, but we had a house full since the Wed prior to the holiday... just recovering.

We did 15# of butt, 15# of brisket and 20# of baby backs.

Posted the pics in the cooking pics section.

I was also late taking pics, did not get any of the grills. :mad:

OK I see that Dennis is a big fan of tritips and I found one entry from GSWHoops that looked good so I'm looking for others...

Up until now I've been cooking them on the Weber using indirect heat. I would just load up one side with briquets sear the tritip over the hot coals and then finish it on the other side appx 40 min (I have no idea what temp).

While these came out pretty good I'd like to try one on the KK. Any ideas on how long and at what temp?? Also do you sear it first ??

Any and all help is appreciated....