T Rex

Rotisserie Turkey

Finally did my first rotisserie turkey yesterday. I heated the KK to around 350F over lump hardwood and started the turkey, indirect heat for around 3 hours then removed the heat deflecter and cooked it for aother hour. The bird was very moist and nicely smoked (I used Apple wood chunks). :) Here are a couple of pics....

The KK is warmed up and smoking lightly

20100608_1420.jpg

Joe from Onegrill was kind enough to exchange my motor to the 50lb. one

20100608_1427.jpg

Turkey in the KK

20100608_1433.jpg

and finally resting......

20100608_1435.jpg

The only hiccup was that I could not get the rotisserie out of the KK once it was hot and must of expanded............... :(

While I am at it, a couple of shots of another oddly shaped pizza. Mrs. T Rex made the dough and we used pulled pork, red onions, black olives, cheese and homemade BBQ sauce.

20100607_1412.jpg

The KK was not quite hot enough..... too much of a hurry! :(

20100607_1414.jpg

The finished product, we had an accident putting it on the stone......

20100607_1416.jpg

T Rex

Mmmm....BBQ pizza. Always tasty! Looks great and you cant even tell there was an accident

:o

Turkey is one of those things that tastes great on the grill, but we always have so much leftovers my family balks if i try cooking them more than a couple times a year. Butt hey eat turkey lunch meat regularly, go figure. Im going to try using a meat slicer to slice one of the breasts next time and see if they will convert to fresh turkey for their lunch sandwiches.