Cookie

Saturday Night Bone-In

Tonights selecton for the Monster was a beautiful bone-in ribeye... Preparation (super simple): - Generous amount of Kosher Salt - Generous amount of Fresh Ground Pepper - Let stand about one hour to reach room temperature - Pre-heated Komodo to 250F Dome with KK Extruded - Had pre-soaked mesquite chips for one hour, placed in heavy foil smoker pouch with one hole facing down into basket - Waited for clean smoke - Meat went on with remote probe inserted - When meat hit 110, I fired up my 4 burner Weber Gasser and preheated to 700F - When meat hit 120F, removed from Komodo and did reverse sear on the Weber for a little less than 2 mins per side (next time I'd reduce that to 1 min per side, 30 seconds, rotate, 30 seconds, to get the nice cross thatch) Melted in the mouth... And it looked like... fetch?id=67951fetch?id=67952fetch?id=67953

Re: Saturday Night Bone-In

Oops...couple of typos that I fixed....I got thinkin' "2s" when I started off the post with the dome temp. I pulled the meat at 120 for the reverse sear...

And T - Rex, I have to say, that is the first Bone-In Ribeye I've ever done, have always been a NY Strip guy, but I think I may have just changed my religion...

Tonight...tenderloin roast for the neighbors...

Cookie