MadMedik

Anyone hear of this Komodo cooker?

Well,

I believe I have adequately done my job. I have my wife convinced that Komodo Kamado grill is the prettiest, finest BBQ Smoker (well, it is!) out there. I just got a text message from her with a picture of this "Komodo Grill"

http://www.thebayou.com/Pages/Cypress%20Series.html

The caption of the text picture from my wife says: "Kahlans ugly stepsister" (Kahlan being the name of my KK). I would have to agree.

I post this only because i have never heard of this cooker before. Not sure if it is new to the field of ceramic cookers...you read their website and of course you have the cheapest and best cooker available....NOT !!!

Nonetheless, i am extremely satisfied with my KK Kahlan. Just thought i would throw this out there.

MadMedik

Re: Anyone hear of this Komodo cooker?

Sure, I've seen this cooker before. They are regularly offered for sale at Lowe's here is Severn, MD. I very briefly considered buying one of these(for about the time it took me to look it over, come home, and pull up Dennis' cooker for a comparison). There is no comparison between this cooker and an OTB. It is like comparing a Honda Civic to a BMW. Don't get me wrong, for those who buy this cooker, I am sure it can produce good food and I don't want to come off as an elitist. I am just trying to say that you get what you pay for, and if you can obtain a KK then by all means do so. You will not regret it.

I saw one of these in Cecilia, LA a few weeks ago at the local Piggley Wiggley. Very cheap construction the grates were maybe 1/4 inch and all the parts were loose and wobbley. It was selling for just under $800 if I remember correctly. Not even in the same league as Komodo Kamado.

From what I know the only ceramic type Kamado grill on the market whose candle lights any of the same area in build quality is the Pro Joe but since they do not sell wholesale direct to the public as I do they are selling them for $8,000. My KOmodo has much more features, better design and even though I've never seen a Joe I sure overall KK leaves it far behind. For sure aesthetically for most, Viking tried to do the spun stainless thing.. few took the bait.

So I say with great pride that the KK has no equal or competition for the title best ceramic grill and possibly/arguably the best all around charcoal grill built... in the world but that always sounds lame, (the in the world part) even if it's true

;);)

I would just simply declare the KK the best grill/smoker in the universe and think that would cover it.

I like that.. puts a bit of humor into the comment.. in the world sounds to boastful.. I always say arguably the best also.. A little modesty goes a long way here..

THanks for the Kudos. :?

I really enjoyed reading all the comments on this last post regarding the Cypress. I truly believe after years of testing one against the other and this vs that it still comes down to being able to fairly compare an apple with another apple and to date that other apple does not exist within the kamado niche, with the exception to the "Pro Joe" for which I have not tested but imagine it works well knowing the owner of the company and his devotion to his brand and products. Price is a totally different topic and the fact that KK's are sold direct to the global market is a huge bonus for anyone who has this kind of disposable income. The KK for all its beauty and attention to the tiniest of details is worth its weight in platinum! I for one am very grateful indeed, no pun intended.

The Grateful Griller