Gromit

Happy Camper in South Dakota

I am a little late for this but thought better late than never. I have had my KK for about 3 weeks now and have cooked low and slow, seared, and every way in between. Thus far I cannot say enough about the KK, it has lived up to all the well deserved praise. After about 2 cooks I felt comfortable with my ability to control temperature, so much so (and after reading some posts here) I did a pork butt smoking at 235 and left for about 4 hours and when I returned....235, actually the temperature really never varied the entire cook. For those out there that may be patrolling the board trying to decide to take the leap or not, I say dont look back, the entire process from ordering from Dennis to now has been a delight. The point was really driven home the other night I was at a hardware store and wandered through the grilling section and found the brand of ceramic I used to cook on. I spent a few minutes looking at the hinge,gasket, and firebox on my old grill and came away thinking comparing it to my new KK is like a Model T to an F-1 car, no comparison, they both will get you where you want but the experiance will be totally different. Anyway, pleasure to meet all of you.

Chris :smt006

Re: Happy Camper in South Dakota

Thank you for the Kudos and taking the time to leave this post..

I have to laugh at your "found the brand of ceramic" statement, you obviously have been on the BGE forum where you get deleted and tossed off the forum for mentioning other grills..

We only ask that you do not badmouth the other grills or their owners here..

I have links to all the other ceramic grills listed in the Links area of this forum..

I figure the more you see them to compare.. the better KK looks..

Welcome to the forum..

;);)

Re: Happy Camper in South Dakota

We enjoyed visiting SD in October 2010, we also own a KK. We are sure that if the Presidents that are on/carved had owned a KK our country would be enjoying far more great bb'q because of their examples. Thanks to Dennis those of us who have a KK can enjoy bb'q everyday. We need to spread the word and maybe the Presidents on Mt. Rushmore will smile for us!