Paswesley

Waxed for the Winter

Hi, all. Although I use Mable year round, it is a good idea in the Northeast to do a little winterizing. I decided to get out on this, one of the few remaining warm Saturdays (55 degrees) in the year, to prep Mable for the winter. I used some of the grout that Dennis includes with the KKs to seal a few hairline cracks in the grout. There are, of course, no loose tiles or cracked tiles. I simply want to prevent any frost heaving over the winter that could cause loose tiles next spring. Once I had allowed an hour for the grout to dry well, I wiped Mable down really well with Krud Kutter and wiped her off with clean water. After waiting a while for drying, I placed a coat of Meguiar's MXT Tech 2.0 car wax on my little girl. The wax has special sealing and hydrophobic qualities. (No, Mable will not develop rabies. She will just shed water better.) It could have been one of the neighbor's children, but I thought I heard giggling when I rubbed the wax off her tummy. :lol: I buffed it out with a chamois and took this pic just before I covered her with her Marine Blue dress, courtesy of Jonnyboy. The sun was going down, so she does not appear as shiny as she actually is. You go, Mable girl! :Dfetch?id=68304 I have cleaned Mable with Cook_Shack's wonder cleaner. Way to go Cook_Shack!!! fetch?id=68306 This is a close up to check out the restored collar trim and grout fetch?id=68307 I have posted new pics to show the dramatic improvement that I achieved using Cook_Shack's all purpose cleaner. Wow, what a difference!

Re: Waxed for the Winter

:P Back at cha, Firemonkey! I didn't miss a spot. I rubbed at the stainless trim you mentioned as much as I dared with Krud Kutter and a terry cloth towel. I don't want any scratches. Basically, the brown areas are seasoning, just as would be seen on a cast iron pan. Do you know how to get that seasoning off without hurting Mable? I really do want it off. My girl deserves to look her best.

Regarding the wax. It is all synthetic, of course. It does not produce a white residue, or any other color of residue, for that matter. What it does produce is a deep, rich and water shedding shine.

BTW: The wax can be used on your car, too. 8)

Pic of my butt I have not clicked on. It looked obviously suspect. I did not know that waxed for the winter had sexual implications. Sorry. I will think more carefully about what I post. I literally meant Mable had a coat of wax for this winter. I apologize if anyone was offended. Paswesley

Sorry. I will think more carefully about what I post. I literally meant Mable had a coat of wax for this winter. I apologize if anyone was offended. Paswesley

I saw a play on words. "Comedy". (One has to admit it was a good catch for a play on words) INHO

Paswesley:

I loved your waxing comments. We have the same beautiful blue KK; I use soap and water after each smoke session to clean the top dome, as well as the barkeeper on the stainless. Works great. For a final application, I use the Meguiar spray wax, as it helps keep the tiles looking great.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dana

Pas, don't worry about the vague sexual implications on this forum! This bunch is pretty cerebral, not gratuitous! It's all plays on words and double entendres around here. High brow humor more so than crude raunchiness. Probably even at a level a pastor could chuckle at. Hardly ever comes up anyway...

Thanks, Doc Mguerra. I have difficulty detecting double entendres sometimes. I don't know whether it is due to naivete or to long repression, but I just don't get innuendo most times either. I am so paranoid about saying something to a woman that has a veiled sexual connotation that I no longer compliment anyone. I haven't complimented anyone other than my wife for at least twenty years. I know that sounds pathetic, but better safe than sorry. I just don't get hints and such. Oh, well. Mom may have dropped me on my head one time too many... :)

Come on guys, I know Father Mike that married Wayne and Janet Gretzy well and you should hear some of the jokes and explicitives he has on the links .................... If things get tooooooo sterilized here I will have to start following that other K link.... ;)

T Rex