Bob-oHIo

Rollin....Rollin....Rollin CA to oHIo!

fetch?id=68394

Hello all, I've been lurking on the forum for over a year, sitting on the fence about this purchase. Well last week I jumpped off the fence and did it! After working with Dennis for over a week (THANKS DENNIS) to iron out a few small wrinkles with my financial institution correctly sending off the wire :roll: Well it is done and Dennis advised me today that my new 23" KK is on the way to oHIo from California! She's due in sometime next week, Dark Cobalt Blue in color - having spent a considerable amount of time On Line reviewing the KK it seems only appropriate to call her OL BLUE. Planning on photos when she arrives & look forward to participation in the forum! Bob in Central oHIo

Re: Rollin....Rollin....Rollin CA to oHIo!

Congrats! I waited a week before buying...you waited a year! Somewhere in between sound about right probably. You will love it! It is amazing. Last night I did high temp searing of hamburgers, let it cool down for about 30 minutes, then low and slow at 250 for 2 more hours cooking a sausage/bacon/cream cheese "pork shooter" I read about on another forum. One load of lump, over 3 hours of burn time, and still had more lump to burn. It is so versatile and easy to use!!

Thanks everybody for the welcome! I have no doubt we will enjoy our new KK. When I first discussed my desire to spend $4,000.00 on a new cooker my wife gave me one of "those looks", after she reviewed this site (and a years time) she warmed up to the idea :)

MadMedik Pork Shooters sound interesting, will have to give them a try, thanks! This forum is full of great ideas to expand your waistline!

Well, back to clearing out a spot for a large crate and a batch of CoCo!

Bob

Funny, I got asked to do a funeral brisket just today. It's out there smoking right now. And I threw on a chuck roast for us since I had the fire going anyway. The rub on both is simple. Salt, pepper, cardamom, allspice, and some minced garlic. No marinade since it was a last minute deal. Mesquite wood, my usual smoke. I'll do the foil wrap at 165 for both, haven't tried that on a chuck yet. We shall see.

fetch?id=67107fetch?id=67108fetch?id=67109fetch?id=67110fetch?id=67111fetch?id=67112 Re: Rollin....Rollin....Rollin CA to oHIo! It made the trip just fine! Arrived yesterday. Deliveryman was very helpful & wheeled it right into the garage for me. I must admit that my heart stopped a couple of times as he brought the pallet loader out onto the lift gate, but it worked out well! Got it all opened up and ready to lift off the crate, now it's just a matter of fiding a few more folks to help (looks like that may take a few days!!!) I must say that she's a beauty! While I've read about the quality I'm amazed by the site of it.

post-7197-139082398951_thumb.jpg

post-7197-139082398955_thumb.jpg

post-7197-139082398958_thumb.jpg

post-7197-139082398962_thumb.jpg

post-7197-139082398967_thumb.jpg

post-7197-139082398969_thumb.jpg