Cookie

Fruita Wood Chunks

My Mother, who just visited us here in Singapore for Christmas and New Years, can't seem to stay away from our 7 month old baby boy - her first and only grandchild to date. A few weeks ago she informed us she'd bought another ticket and would be visiting again this month. We always seize the opportunity to pay for one or two extra checked bags when we have guests coming from the USA. We shop till we drop on Amazon, etc.

Usually, my wants get pushed to the bottom of the priority list in favor of baby clothes, toys, etc. -- who am I to argue with a wife and grandparents??? Not this time!

Mom arrived last night, and I now have in my possession a 24 lb mixture of apple, peach, grape, and hickory woods from http://www.fruitawoodchunks.com

I feel like a kid in the candy shop :eek: since I can't buy wood chunks in Singapore.

First impressions (without yet doing a cook): The wood smells amazing, they must cut it into chunks just before shipping. It smells moist, if that makes any sense, not dried out like it has been on a shelf for months. The chunks are huge, I will post some pics later.

I can tell you now, I'm going to love this stuff, but will post some pics with the first cook... I think I'd already recommend it just based on touch and smell....but let's wait for the true test.

Brian

P.S. The wife and kid still got their usual supply of goodies as well -- before I get accused of being a grinch.

Re: Fruita Wood Chunks

My niece is coming over this next week.. I'm not sure if I want to load her up but she is bringing me the new Sony Alpha NEX-7 camera.. it has a 24 Megapixel sensor (yes, you read that right;-) blazing performance and true 1080/60p video recording. I will be using it to make Komodo Kamado videos...

;);)

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Review

Re: Fruita Wood Chunks

I recently purchased wood from Frutia and was quite pleased. Warning though. immediately remove from their shipping box and put in a burlap sack or something that can breath. I didn't and now my wood has mold all over it.

Dennis, I too have been wanting to make some KK videos. You go on You Tube and other than the three (I think there are three) done by the news channel in FL I don't believe there are any. Recently picked-up the Nikon D5100 and plan to shoot a couple of cooks and throw them up on you tube.