EGGARY

Cleaning the Tiles of a KK

Re: Cleaning the Tiles of a KK

This was posted on the web forum some time ago. I have made it and love it. I have used it several times on my KK and it is still purty...doesn't appear to mess it up. Type in Kelly's Cleaner in search, and you will find posts and comments on this mix:

Kelly's Cleaner

by Cook_Shack » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 am

This is the formula My son gave me. We use for wiping down everything in the house.

Use one of those yellow green (gently) sponges and do the KK. Will look like new when finished.

Kelly's Cleaner

Combine the ingredients below (in the amounts listed) into an empty one-gallon container. Now... shake briefly and then add water to the top of the container.

AMOUNT: INGREDIENT:

1 qt. Rubbing alcohol

1-cup Parsons lemon ammonia

1-teaspoon Dish washing liquid

1-cup Simple Green (optional)

21 oz. Brand name all-purpose

(409 or Fantastic)

TOP OFF YOUR GALLON CONTAINER WITH WATER

Now...pour solution into a small spray bottle and your money saving all-purpose cleaner is ready to use!

I use the Simple Green

Let us know your results

Gary, per the KK manual,

Caring for the Tiles and Grout

Routine maintenance of your Komodo Kamado should include gently washing the tile with a soft sponge and, if needed, a gentle soap. Standard bathroom tile and grout cleaners may be used on your Komodo Kamado for stubborn stains. Avoid allowing the cleaners to come into contact with the metal components of the grill and avoid the use of all cleaners with bleach as this is very damaging to stainless steel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gary, check out Mr Magic Eraser on Amazon. You an also do a search on the forum for Magic Eraser. This has been used in the past to clean the KK and I have used it to keep mine clean. Grant it I just received my KK only a few months back.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-Eraser-C ... gic+eraser

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I clean with water, and if necessary a very mild cleaner called "Rinse Free" that I get at a janitorial store. Then I use high quality auto wax, and it works great. Check out www.chemicalguys.com - any of their less expensive liquid wax products works; they are one of the few actual manufacturers of detail products and are top notch.