ThreeDJ16

Nueske's Meats / Usinger's Meats

Been a while since I posted any links, but this was something a buddy of mine recommended to me that absolutely blew me out of the water....Nueske's Meats. And just so happens through 1-22-13 they are having a $5 shipping special too. If you love bacon, then there is no way you can go wrong ordering this stuff. I seriously read all sorts of crazy reviews before trying it and now completely understand. Typically I bake my bacon on a jerky tray (for even consistent meat) to save the drippings for a dab here or there in vegetables or the like. I literally wanted to dredge a slice of bread through this grease and eat it as the bacon was so freakn good (but I resisted....angry wife stare). I also had their summer sausage, landjaeger and meat sticks which are great and have heard their hams are top notch too.

http://www.nueskes.com/

Here is another site that has great deli meats, summer sausages and bacon too. I cannot recommend their big ring bologna and salami enough, it was fantastic.

http://www.usinger.com/

-=J

Re: Nueske's Meats / Usinger's Meats

Thanks for the lead, DJ. Just ordered bacon, weiners and corned beef hash from Nueske's. My husband is going to think he died and went to heaven!! I also took a quick look at Usinger's - very reasonably priced items. Will try an order there next time.

I couldn't resist and had to get in one more order while this $5 deal is going on. Hell, I can put 5lbs of bacon in the freezer for that kind of savings. Plus I have been dying to try one of their hams having heard so much. Only one day left if anyone else is on the fence.

Also, anyone ordering landjagers or other meatsticks. Try this mustard from iGourmet, it is fantastic (get the hot).

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/Kuhne-German-Mustard.asp

-=J

Just found out today, that if you have a Fresh Market (chain) in your area, they may carry Nueske's bacon. Was wandering around in our Fresh Market today looking at stuff and happened to notice they carried Nueske's summer sausages. So started asking around a little more and found they also carry their appplewood smoked bacon too. I still got it cheaper (with the $5 shipping) online verses local price, but nice to know I can get it local. Would have never guessed Fresh Market would carry it. Unfortunately they're not as top notch on the cheese, so guess iGourmet still has a loyal customer for that.

Hey Teddysurf, just send me a package of Mahongany Smoked bacon and I will happily give you a comparison review...hehe. Literally, this stuff is like crack....one hit of bacon and I am hooked. :mrgreen:

-=J

Drunk_J' date=' I'd love to send you a pack 'o the stuff but it doesn't last long enough for me to reship! I'll have to give the [highlight=#ffff00:2wk9yf6b']Usinger[/highlight:2wk9yf6b] stuff a go and compare side by side (which, of course, all ends up on my side ... and my butt ... etc).

Actually the Usinger bacon was good (they also have wonderful cold cuts/sausage), but it was the [highlight=#ffff40:2wk9yf6b]Nueske Bacon[/highlight:2wk9yf6b] that is out of this world. :smt002

-=J

My Nueske shipment arrived today. That $5.00 shipping was a killer deal considering it came Fed Ex in a styrofoam box inside a cardboard box with air bubble packs and solid frozen ice packs. Can't wait to try it this weekend!!!

My Nueske shipment arrived today. That $5.00 shipping was a killer deal considering it came Fed Ex in a styrofoam box inside a cardboard box with air bubble packs and solid frozen ice packs. Can't wait to try it this weekend!!!

My second order showed up today also. Five lbs applewood smoked bacon and 4 lbs spiral applewood smoked ham. Yeah, that packaging/shipping has cost me as much as $30 before, which is why I jumped on the $5 deal.

-=J

Good bacon is always a must!! I have not heard of them, but i will sure give them a try! Is anyone familiar with Broadbents? Kentucky based company, smoked hams bacon sausage and many other items. I have bought their sausage for years (Grandma Broadbents Hickory Smoked Sausage). Their product is brine cured so it is salty, some like this some dont. Have a look at their site! Broadbenthams.com

Drunk_J' date=' I'd love to send you a pack 'o the stuff but it doesn't last long enough for me to reship! I'll have to give the [highlight=#ffff00:3bajcdwo']Usinger[/highlight:3bajcdwo] stuff a go and compare side by side (which, of course, all ends up on my side ... and my butt ... etc).

Actually the Usinger bacon was good (they also have wonderful cold cuts/sausage), but it was the [highlight=#ffff40:3bajcdwo]Nueske Bacon[/highlight:3bajcdwo] that is out of this world. :smt002

-=J

My bad ... thanks for the correction. :oops:

I had half a pound of cherrywood smoked Nueskes bacon' date=' a chocolate chip cookie and a Dr. Pepper for lunch.[/quote']

So was there a subliminal message in there I missed? :mrgreen:

I had a Neuske's spiral cut apple wood smoked ham on Capt John Durst bread in the form of a sandwich for supper last night, along with Herr's original potato chips and a IBC Cream Soda. But I will step out a little further here and say it was freakn damn good!

-=J

Did some bacon' date=' corned beef hash and weiners over the past couple of days - all top rate. I vaguely recognize the packaging so I think my produce/butcher market not too far away carries it!![/quote']

How was the corned beer hash? I was so close to getting it this past order, but a few reviews mentioned it being on the salty side. Did you find it to be too salty?

I did get a spiral ham from Neuske's and it was awesome. But the last wieners/franks I ordered were from Unsingers and they were very good.

-=J