ThreeDJ16

Nueske's Meats / Usinger's Meats

Re: Nueske's Meats / Usinger's Meats

The hash was really, really good. I did not think it was too salty but then again, I expect corned beef hash to be somewhat salty. My guess is that if you didn't think the ham was too salty you probably won't think the corned beef is too salty. The texture was different from any other corned beef hash I've done, which I didn't know quite what to make of at first, but it cooked up beautifully. It comes packaged in a plastic tube and the instructions said to slice it into patties and fry them. That's a new way to have hash for me and I was willing to give it a go. But in removing the packaging I could see that I would not be able to slice it without being majorly aggravated because the mass was somewhat dry and I couldn't keep it packed together. So I crumbled it into a large frying pan with my hands and it came out tender and flavorful on the inside and brown and crispy on the exterior in no time at all - I would say less than 10 min total. We were very pleased and will order it again next time they have that great shipping deal. Where are the reviews you mentioned you were reading?

Our Fresh Market had its Grand Opening yesterday (Foodie Heaven!!) and YES, they have Nueske's bacon. It's in the meat counter and isn't labelled as Nueske's, just "applewood smoked bacon," but the printed out label on your package says "Nueske's" on it.

Unfortunately, their pepper bacon isn't Nueske's, so I think that I know what I'm ordering to get the above freebie! Or, maybe the cherrywood smoked?

Our Fresh Market had its Grand Opening yesterday (Foodie Heaven!!) and YES, they have Nueske's bacon. It's in the meat counter and isn't labelled as Nueske's, just "applewood smoked bacon," but the printed out label on your package says "Nueske's" on it.

Unfortunately, their pepper bacon isn't Nueske's, so I think that I know what I'm ordering to get the above freebie! Or, maybe the cherrywood smoked?

Thanks for the tip Tony. Literally headed to Fresh Market now and plan to pick up some of the bacon to go with burgers tonight. Best of all being in Virginia Fresh Market also stocks Dizzy Pig rubs - love trips to Fresh Market! Don't forget to try their mustard potato salad - favorite of mine and the Mrs.