Parrothead72

Brisket - Help Needed

The coffee cardamom rub can't be beat.  I don't use the oil or fresh garlic (I use granulated garlic).  I make up a big batch and put it in sealed quart ball jars so I always have it on hand.  It is my go-to rub for all beef now and I haven't looked back.  I make mine with a little extra hot Hungarian pepper so it has some nice kick.

• Like 1

Got a 8 lb brisket rubbed with the coffee cardamon. enjoyed making it and was gonna finish it with a BBQ sauce that i read 'bout called chocolate cherry. On the side of course.  Wife liked the sauce idea.  Got an iGrill that i used for the pork butt and love it. Ambient probe and a meat probe (ambient suggested a grill temp vs dome temp on the KK of about 20* differential).  Wood choice?  I have coffee from Dennis which seems appropriate given the rub!!!!  I want the best bark I can get and someone posted about a consistency of "pot roast" on another forum here and I am not too interested in that.  Looking for something that is a bit firmer....

post-1326-0-59853200-1393111140_thumb.pn

post-1326-0-08507600-1393111149_thumb.pn