daveco

Chicken legs, thighs and breasts cooking in sous-vide bath-how to grill?

I've done sous vide on beef mostly, not a lot of experience with chicken. I just wonder if you can get the chicken to crisp up before you overcook the bird? I say go for it -  brush the skin with a little oil and more tsunami spin, 400F dome, skin side down, direct on the lower grill until the skin tightens up and browns. 

Let us know how this experiment works out.

Thanks, Tony.  Will try it.  Interesting note; when I cut opening for sous-vide circulator, the lid is just two pieces of plastic, no insulation between the two layers of plastic, other than air.  No way I am using my Yeti for this however.  I will let you know how this turns out.

That's a lot of cluck!

Will have to experiment myself with sous vide chicken. Have a whole one in the fridge to dry out the skin (injected yesterday, S&P on the skin). Will go on the KK this afternoon on my vertical roaster (And NO, it's not beer can chicken - eeewww!) Will try and remember to post pics. 

Thanks, Tony.  Will try it.  Interesting note; when I cut opening for sous-vide circulator, the lid is just two pieces of plastic, no insulation between the two layers of plastic, other than air.  No way I am using my Yeti for this however.  I will let you know how this turns out.

I have a Cambro box for doing larger sous vide cooks; just use one of my stock pots for smaller ones. I got the sliding lid for it. It doesn't completely close up with the circulator in it, but close enough. Didn't want to try and cut a hole in a regular lid, so I went this route based on some posts in Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001MRVN6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#