dstr8

Quick post/review of the new 23" shaped baking stone

Thumbs up!  

I've been using a well broken in pizza stone but inconsistent results, especially at the higher temps the KK can deliver for true Neapolitan pizza dough bake-offs, made me pull trigger on the new KK 23" shaped baking stone.  

Just made 3-Neapolitan pies using the same sourdough starter recipe I've been using the past year + and the difference is incredible!   

And thanks to amir for his potato pizza idea!   I added homemade bacon (smoked on the KK of course :)) lardons and a drizzle of aged balsamic from Modena:  Benissimo!

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics...no time for the big DSLR on these runs :)

Thanks Dennis for designing and bringing the new shaped baking stone to market:  It made a significant difference for me!

post-2-0-29068300-1418606175_thumb.jpg

post-1238-0-09687900-1418006028_thumb.jp

post-1238-0-81622500-1418005997_thumb.jp

I did pizzas for my son's 17th this weekend.. Each kid made his own.  I cheated and bought dough from my local baker.

It was at the memory stage.. you know where you roll it out and it pulls back to it's previous shape.

That being said we got some great pies and they tasted great.. It's 6:22am been up all night or I'd pull them off the camera and post them.. Going to have to do that soon.. 

Great looking pies will have to post them to FB page!

Dennis,

You probably know but I'll post this anyway:  If you have dough with memory I find letting the dough rest, after you started pushing/pulling it, several minutes and more often than not it will cooperate.

Again:  Kudos on the new stone:  It made ALL the difference in the world for my higher temp Neapolitan pizza bakes.  In fact I had considered getting one of those Blackstone pizza grillers...but thought I'd wait to test the new stone.  I deleted the Blackstone bookmark ;)