Poochie

Cleaning the tiles

I've read on here that some of you use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to clean the tiles and someone used an automotive detailer. When the smoke starts to discolor the tiles near the top, is the Magic Eraser the "go to" cleaner? I also several bottles of automotive detailer ready for duty. Has anyone tried the Magic Erasers on the grill grates themselves or are they too wimpy for that?  

I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row before the bronze beauty arrives.

Poochie - I hit Beauty! &TheBeast with the auto detailing product after every cook. That keeps everything looking like the day my KKs arrived . My Father taught me a long, long time ago that if you take care of your tools, your tools take care of you! And he's absolutely right.

For maintaining my grates, I can't imagine anything taking the place of my Grill Floss. After every cook, especially the low-n-slow types, I do a high temp burn that keeps the inside of my KKs as clean as possible. Then when things have cooled down, I take my Grill Floss to my grates. I don't think that the Magic Eraser is stout enough to clean grates.

I think you'll find that there are as many way to detail your KK as there are KKers.

• Like 1