Fetzervalve

New Arrival

Man you got that quick! Nice looking setup!

-=Jasen=-

Thanks gents,

I made my first contact with Dennis Sept 15th, and took delivery on Oct 2nd. It actually sat in the trucking terminal in Moline from Sept 28 til it went out on the 2nd for delivery. So, I could have had it in less than 2 weeks if I was in the trucking companies area (they had to farm out the drop-off to another company). When you consider what the time difference between here and there adds to the correspondence time, and a few days to get all the details ironed out, it was almost an overnight delivery :!::D:!:

Thanks Dennis

AWESOME FV! now, on to the first cook! looking forward to it! looks like your kids are around the same age as mine! i have an 8-yr old (9 in Nov) daughter, a 13-yr old son, and an 18-yr old son.

y'know, moline aint that far from champaign. we gotta get a midwest kk coalition together!

so cool! my kids are all big meat-eaters too! i got to them before their mom could convince them to eat their steaks cooked well-done. my sweet little 8 yr old daughter asks for "extra blood" or "extra sauce" from the plate i let the steaks rest on after the grill. they all love rare steaks!

that's good! those carnivorus girls will grow up strong and healthy!

Farmer John,

Let me be blunt, you must not actually be a farmer, 'cause all the farmers I know could get a KK from a trailer to the back yard with nuttin' more than a pair of pliers and some twine. :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, I used an appliance cart (a professional type) to roll it down the trailer ramp (the U-Haul trailer had a built in ramp (highly recommended -$25 rental). I was originally going to use a small pickup until I realized @ 568 lbs. I didn't have enough friends to get it to the ground.

I took the top off and and everything out of the interior, carted it to the fence opening and then used forearm forklifts http://www.amazon.com/Above-All-Co-L749 ... B00005TPUZ

to finish the trip to the deck where it was reassembled. Myself, my wife and my sister-in-law did it all, and I'm the burliest tipping the scale @ 135#. You should be able to lift the kkooker by the blue ropes tied around each leg, either by a person on each rope or by sliding a 2x4 through the loops and having 2-4 people lift. I had untied the ropes and already had the forklifts, so I used them.

It wasn't too bad, the worst was getting it off the trailer and with a decent cart and a little help - not too bad, but I'm not looking forward to moving it again either. :smt009

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.