EGGARY

Not a KK related.

Going to my Brother-in-Law's for Thanksgiving LUNCH (!).  (I hate having Thanksgiving that early)  

Anyways I will be making a Cauliflower Gratin.  I have been going back and forth to either make it tonight, transporting and heating it up there or make it there.

What is the best way to do this ?  I really would like to make it here but I don't know if it will be ok to just re-heat it.  

Any thoughts ?

Since I am asking for help, I thought I would share the Recipe.

Curtis Stone’s Potato, Cauliflower, and Camembert Gratin

Aired November 10, 2014

Serves 8
Ingredients

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 large sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
4 ounces Camembert cheese with rind, cut into large pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
2 3/4 pounds baking potatoes, such as russets, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch-thick slices 

Preparation
9049Gratin800.jpg

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly butter a 3-quart shallow baking dish.

Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the onions, garlic and thyme. and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender but have not taken on any color. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. Add the cream and milk, and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese and stir until it melts, then remove from the heat and discard the thyme stems.

Working in batches, purée the mixture in a blender; return to the pot. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper.

Stir the potato slices into the hot cream mixture to coat. Spoon 1 cup of the cream mixture into the baking dish. Spread the potatoes and the remaining cream mixture evenly in the dish. Cover with aluminum foil and put on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife can be inserted easily into the potatoes. Uncover the dish, raise the oven temperature to 400°F, and continue baking for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10-20 minutes.
Make-Ahead: The cauliflower-cream mixture can be made up to 1 day ahead, cooled, covered and refrigerated. Reheat over low heat before assembling the gratin.

- See more at: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipe_collections/19044_curtis_stone_s_potato_cauliflower_and_camembert_gratin/#sthash.dDxnWxfW.dpuf

What I would do is to cook the gratin part way the day before, and stop after the 1 hour bake, before you crank the oven up to 400ºF. Stick it in the fridge. Take it with you, and use your in-laws’ oven to do the 10 minute bake at 400ºF.

That way, you’ll have a fresh out of the oven gratin, without tying up your in-laws’ oven for an hour.

325 is too low.  Then again I did double the Recipe.  I put it in the oven at BIL's and after 45 minutes it still was not cooked and the pottoes were a little crunchy.  Didn't even brown at 400.  I think I put too much of the sauce on top.

Oh well….   The leftovers will be really good after they are cooked.  Thank you for the advice.