MadMedik

Brisket "High Temp" Cook

Hello

i have been wanting to do a brisket cook. A few years ago I did a high temp cook that was discussed here on forum. I was researching it again as it had been awhile.  I reviewed my "cook notes binder"....which everyone should create to 'remember the cooks' you have done on your Komodo...and I feel I am ready to give it another try.   My 2 previous cooks were very good.

i found a website post that was helpful to me then and now, and I post it here below for those who may be new and not done a high temp brisket before:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisket4.html

give this a check and it may peak you to do a brisket.   Easy to prep, about 4 to 5 hour cook.....not the 12 hour or more long slow cook...and still extremely tasty.

by the way, I will use the Coffee-Cardamon Brisket rub.  What is that?   I believe if you search it here on forum you will find recipe.  If not, I will post it.   LarryR made  a video of High Temp brisket cooks.    Check that out in Videos.  

The receipt sounds 'weird', but oh, it is so tasty and different.

The plan is to cook a brisket tomorrow.  Slight chance I won't......but if I do , I will post pics or certainly post when I do in the next week or so I hope.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

MadMedik

I got my start on a WSM, so many of the techniques on the Virtual Bullet site are where I started. Great stuff there. There's a guy on the BBQ Brethren who goes by the handle of Bludawg that preaches a similar method that is very repeatable. He runs in the range of 275-325, wraps in butcher paper after four hours, then starts probing at five hours. Takes 5-7 hours to cook and another 1-2 to rest. His method is very close to Aaron Franklin's (who preaches 275). I tend to run at 275 and get great results, usually done in that 5-7 hour window.