Curly

Tormek Knife Sharpener

Actually, this is exactly why I created the Lagniappe section. It is for fun stuff that is totally irrelevant to the rest of the forum that you just want to share. Would be nice if some more folks posted in there.

Deej.....you could give netiquette lessons to the Jersey boy admin for the Mexi-K

Thank you! To be honest, if the forum is not about fun (number one), learning about a cool ceramic KK cooker, cooking and anything else "we" feel like it, what good is it? I think other forums lost sight of the purpose of a forum - it is for the people who attend it. I do make attempts on occasion to focus certain topics on their intended subjects and move posts if subjects are available for them. But to delete posts like they do or make nasty warnings - that just ain't right!

-=Jasen=-

Doesn't look nice on you to talk ugly about "other" ceramic cooker people and what they do or not. Live by example. :) And don't go callin people "jersey" this or that' date=' as if the fact that they live in NJ has anything to do with it. Hrumph!! :smt091[/quote']

I agree girl, there's got to be at least one good Jersy folk somewhere we can talk about...no, can't think of one though. :?

Wait a minute, where you from again Sanny? Ooops, glad I wasn't the one that came up with that Jersy comment :D

The Jet tool is a recent near-exact rip-off of the Tormek system.

Scary sharp is definitely the cheapest and fastest for chisels and plane blades. However, it sucks for round-edge tools like a knife (IMO).

I would agree about not using Scary Sharp for knives. Sometime back it came up about chisels etc., that's when I jumped in with Scary Sharp. I have Cutco knives and haven't needed sharpening yet. :wink:

Doesn't look nice on you to talk ugly about "other" ceramic cooker people and what they do or not. Live by example. :) And don't go callin people "jersey" this or that' date=' as if the fact that they live in NJ has anything to do with it. Hrumph!! :smt091[/quote']

Eh, say what? :?: I believe the Jersey quote was not specifying anything about Jersey people; I believe it was used only as a description to narrow down the person in question. As for talking ugly about other ceramic cooker people, not a clue what your referring too. That is why I like quotes so much. If you are referring to my post, there was nothing ugly about it, only facts such as they delete posts they should not, post nasty inappropriate warnings and they have lost sight of a forum being about the people - (how is any of that being ugly???)! :roll:

In case anyone is wondering, today is day 4 of a high dose of Prednisone - so ROOOAARR! Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I turn green! :smt016:mrgreen::smt118

-=Jasen=-

In case anyone is wondering, today is day 4 of a high dose of Prednisone - so ROOOAARR! Don't make me angry, you won't like me when I turn green! :smt016:mrgreen::smt118

-=Jasen=-

Roid Rage woo-wooo.

I had to get on that stuff a few times myself...never had any rage, but dude I ate 6 times my normal and never gained an ounce...great stuff :D

Curly wrote:

I had to get on that stuff a few times myself...never had any rage, but dude I ate 6 times my normal and never gained an ounce...great stuff

I had to place my german shepherd on that medication for his allergies. He chewed the clasp off the food container and was free feeding. He gained 15 pounds so quickly. I started feeding him ice cubes to snack on, and he would eat multiple bowls at a sitting. I have also had friends tell me of the enormous hunger it gives them.

Curly wrote:

I had to get on that stuff a few times myself...never had any rage, but dude I ate 6 times my normal and never gained an ounce...great stuff

I had to place my german shepherd on that medication for his allergies. He chewed the clasp off the food container and was free feeding. He gained 15 pounds so quickly. I started feeding him ice cubes to snack on, and he would eat multiple bowls at a sitting. I have also had friends tell me of the enormous hunger it gives them.

Yes Sam, I fixed your quotes - can let you go around looking all forum challenged and everything - hehe!

-=Jasen=-

Re: Knife sharpening - including the Tormek

Follow this link to an Iowa State University research paper on knife sharpening. The Tormek is evaluated in the paper.

http://mse.iastate.edu/fileadmin/www.ms ... ShExps.pdf

Dawg man, what does it all mean? Was I swindled or not? Would I have been better off buying a variety pack of sandpaper?

Just bought a Tormek 20006 on ebay.Used an old crappy simulated staghorn handle knife as a test subject and was able to actually shave with it ! No more oil stone sharpening for me! Thanks for the info guys( the Iowa State study was the determining factor for me)

Good deal, it has served me well so far.