twharton

1st Of Many Setup Questions w/ Pics...What is this For?

Yes that is where the meat hanger bracket goes.. It ia kind of a half oval piece of stainless rod each end of which goes into the holes at the side of the grate.

The hanger then attaches to the center point of the rod and hangs down into the pit.

This was a question I had from the beginning, the website says the meat hanger is included n/c, Dennis says he hasn't supplied a meat hanger in a long time, but the bracket still shows up on the 'new' grill with the side handles.... :smt102

Yes that is where the meat hanger bracket goes.. It ia kind of a half oval piece of stainless rod each end of which goes into the holes at the side of the grate.

The hanger then attaches to the center point of the rod and hangs down into the pit.

MeatHangerW.jpg

The meat hanger is mentioned on the website as standard. see paragraph 7 http://komodokamado.com/details.html. Until recently it was listed as standard with the Supreme on the pricing page. I trust the new website will help clairify exactly what a customer is purchasing.

I see how the bracket works--but the hangar itself looks wierd. It doesn't look like it can hold a very large piece of meat. Do you tie it on to the hangar? Wouldn't it be better if you could put the meat on the hangar so that gravity would hold it on the hangar? How about some sort of upside down fish hook looking deal. And it seems to me that the grate that has the bracket for the meat hangar should have a big open spot so that the upside down fish hook meat hook could actually hang down into the pit rather than at the surface of the grate shown in the photo.

(My KK is sitting safely in the crate it was shipped in at my house in the mountains. I will get to unpack it next week and after I actually get to look at one of these rascals in person I will know if any of this makes any sense!) The photos are really helpful. Thanks! :smt102

Ah, now I see! I still think it might be better if the grate could accomodate a longer slewer so the meat could hang lower in the pit. Anyway, I don't hear a lot of people screaming for a meat hangar so I won't either. Thanks for explaining it for me-I couldn't tell from the picture.

Zorro :idea:

Someone in a previous post got it; Dennis discontinued the meat hanger since he had the rotisserie option. Why would you want to hang it when you could rotisserie it. I guess the attachment holders are still on the grill grate probably because he had a bunch of them made up. But I would be willing to bet that if someone really wanted a hanger, he would make it for them.

-=Jasen=-