-1 15oz can Chick peas (garbanzo beans)

-3 to 6 Tb tahini (ground sesame paste) [i use 5]

-3 to 6 cloves garlic [i use 4]

-Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 or 3 Tb)

-2 Tb olive oil

-salt to taste [i use about 1/2 tsp]

-pepper/chili powder to taste [i use about 1 tsp each]

Preparation Instructions

Drain chick peas leaving about 25% of the liquid. Throw into food processor or blender. Add all other ingredients and blend until a "bean dip" texture is achieved.

Serve with Pita Bread (which has been warmed in your Komodo Kamado, and cut into wedges)

Some folks blend in other ingredients: green onions, parsley, chile peppers, sun dried tomatoes, or whatever. This is simple and fantastic and tastes better than any hummous you can buy at the store (or is it Hummus? I've seen it both ways...).

:P

Hehehe. Yes, don't anger the Drunk_Z...

But do take note: this is the "Sides" topic... and I did imply that Pita is to be warmed on a KK... so cut me some slack, eh? :roll:

Besides, when I finally get a KK and rotisserie, and post my Gyros recipe... this will become a vital side dish.

:wink:

Incidentally, I think Drunk_Z will now allow recipe commentary, as long as the original post is in the specified format... so we're all good. I think. :smt102

Another thing you might try is lightly roasting sesame seeds on the grill and then pureeing them to make your own tahini. Take a flat pan' date=' lightly coat the seeds with olive oil and cook at ~300 degrees for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them and stir... the seeds can burn.[/quote']

Very cool.

Thx!