Firemonkey

The long wait begins...

My journey has come full circle. From my first post on this board, just about a year ago, to counting days until the big truck rolls up and delivers my grill. I started the journey as a pretty critical observer:

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=261&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

In the end I could not find any argument not to make the most powerful endorsement of all - the kind that requires you to open your wallet :D

This little gem is floating its way across the pacific, destined for my patio:

fm2ds6.jpg

fm4pt6.jpg

fm5kj9.jpg

You know, I honestly almost brought one of my EIGHT replacement tiles that came with my Mexi-K to Columbia with me. That way you could see it first hand as BROWN, and I could make you come on here and denounce all of this colorshifting once and for all! :smt075

Then I decided I could not spare even one tile, since that POS will eventually be dropping them by the hundreds. You will have to come to FL to see it in its natural habitat, and appreciate its color 8)

You know, I honestly almost brought one of my EIGHT replacement tiles that came with my Mexi-K to Columbia with me. That way you could see it first hand as BROWN, and I could make you come on here and denounce all of this colorshifting once and for all! :smt075

Then I decided I could not spare even one tile, since that POS will eventually be dropping them by the hundreds. You will have to come to FL to see it in its natural habitat, and appreciate its color 8)

Columbia?? I don't know what your talking about? I never met you for dinner? hehe Deny everything, admit to nothing!!! hehe

FYI, I would still say it is pink - hahahaha!

-=Jasen=-

Great pictures, I think mine is a bit younger than the ones you guys got.. Are both of them in the same consignment on the same ship?

I'm bugging Dennis for pictures but reckon mine is still in the building stage...

Yep...They are traveling in a Posse' with one or two others. That way they can throw their weight around in case they come across any Mexi-Ks en route. :lol:

Oops...What amI thinking....I keep forgetting that K is is the deposit taking business, not the production or service business :shock:

Maybe, but if I were a betting man, the money would be on your KK's.

Australian customs are at times a pain in the behind!

Anyway at least I know that 1 KK made it into Oz last year...so I'll be number 2 (I try harder!).

We'll see, as soon as Dennis send me the pictures of my boy all bundled up I'll post them!

Re: The long wait begins...

My journey has come full circle. From my first post on this board' date=' just about a year ago, to counting days until the big truck rolls up and delivers my grill.[/quote']

That is a real beauty!! Congratulations! Your K is going to experience some serious self-confidence issues when that baby rolls into town. :smt003

On a side note, has anyone in the FL lump co-op epressed an interest in a new pallet?

I touched base with the guy who took 10 bags a week or so ago. He will be ready when we are. I still have about 100# - What do you have left? Do you remember who you shared a bag with in case they liked it?

We can probably put a deal together with a weeks notice. Its always in the warehouse, and we have our players in order. Just let me know.

If anyone else is interested in Lazarri mesquite lump for $12/bag (40#) in the central Florida area, let us know.

I touched base with the guy who took 10 bags a week or so ago. He will be ready when we are. I still have about 100# - What do you have left? Do you remember who you shared a bag with in case they liked it?

We can probably put a deal together with a weeks notice. Its always in the warehouse, and we have our players in order. Just let me know.

If anyone else is interested in Lazarri mesquite lump for $12/bag (40#) in the central Florida area, let us know.

I can vouch for the Lazarri. I am very pleased with it!

I am down to about 60 lbs. and am good for up to 10 bags whenever the trigger man pulls. :smt003

"billwelan" was the other KK owner here in the Tampa area that bought some of the last batch.

If you have your Ultimate by the time we do another pickup, there will be a need for bibs because of the drooling!

Trying to find a good local deal (charcoal cost a fortune here by the bag and...... all we seem to have is briquettes... :( ).

I don't even want to think how much it would cost me to ship a pallet from the US to Oz!!!

I have done several searches on the .com.au search engines...no joy. Maybe they] Ozzie charcoal suppliers are not on the net? Although we're in the south pacific Oz is a fair way off from most of the other places around here...

I'll ask the local chicken BBQ place where they get their charcoal...

Dennis, are you going to produce charcoal in commercial quantities?