Sparky

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking for over a year and decided to join the forum even if I'm not quite ready to order a cooker yet. I accidentally stumbled on this site a while back when I was researching "another" cooker. I'm now convinced that there is only ONE option for me! Thanks, Dennis, for keeping quality a first priority! To the rest of you guys.. Keep up the friendly banter, new ideas, recipes, and of course PICS! In some ways, you almost seem like family. (Wait a minute, that's almost scary! What am I saying? (':shock:')

My favorite meal from a grill has to be tenderloin steak (filet mignon) at least one and 1/2 in. thick grilled med. with a slight crust on the outside. I'm lucky enough to live within a mile of an awesome custom butcher shop. (yeah, I know, I'm spoiled) so fresh meat is never a problem. The thing is we can usually save quite a bit of money by ordering a half a steer at a time.

Cheers to the best grills in the world! Congrats to all who have theirs already, and to the rest of us- patience is a virtue!

Welcome Sparky...You've come to the right conclusion...There really is only one option...Nothing compares to the KK testified to in the many posts on this forum. I struggled with a POSK 7 for several years and finally dived in last week...Did my first cook (pork shoulder) on my new KK and everything that's been said is true in spades. I stoked her up with a couple layers of Dennis's extruded coconut, lit two in the middle on the top and 18 hrs later had the most mouth watering pork shoulder known to man...Only had to make a couple mid course corrections to the top and lower draft doors openings ( I'm running manual right now but intent to go with either the guru or stoker temp control) but maintained my cooking temp within a 10 degree band with no sweat...You only go around once and my only regret is that I didn't dive sooner into the KK world...Here's my baby....ain't she pretty!

Pq1FFLiA.jpg

Welcome aboard, even if you do like your fillets burned to a crisp (they should be shown a picture of the KK and then they're done! :lol:). I've got to say that steak on a ceramic is a wonderful experience. Keep your eyes open, even so often Dennis has quite a deal available locally if you'd care to upgrade. In the mean time feel free to share your experiences with us. Enjoy!

Hi and welcome!

Hey Sparky,

As one who ordered his KK after researching 'another ceramic cooker' I know where from your coming. I can also tell you this: the hardest part of getting a KK is the week before it arrives.... I'm waiting for mine now and find myself looking wistfully at the spot where it will be seated... contemplating the first meal I'll cook: chicken? pork loin? some nice steaks? Think I know what you'll cook first ;)

Welcome to the club!

Glad you came out of the shadows to play. No need to wait until you buy a KK to chime in. They've put up with me around here for awhile before I bought one, should be here in the next few days. I too love my steaks, if you haven't seen it check out the TRex Method. It really does change the texture of the steak somehow. Well worth it in my opinion, and the wife no longer will eat a steak out, they just don't compare.

Roy

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

if you haven't seen it check out the TRex Method. It really does change the texture of the steak somehow. Well worth it in my opinion, and the wife no longer will eat a steak out, they just don't compare.

Wow! What an interesting article! I can't wait to try it! Here's a pic of my meat freezer.p><p> <a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.postimage.org/aV1s_3j9.jpg' alt='aV1s_3j9.jpg'>

Re: Hi Everyone!

My favorite meal from a grill has to be tenderloin steak (filet mignon) at least one and 1/2 in. thick grilled med. with a slight crust on the outside.

I can relate to that!

viewtopic.php?t=2835&start=20

the wife no longer will eat a steak out, they just don't compare.

Neither will mine, nor will I. The flavor you get is just SOOOO much better than anything you will find in a restaruant, and at a fraction of the cost.