ckreef

Australian Potato Bake

For the last couple of months I've Google searched different Australian spices,  plants etc.....  Well Google picked up on that trend so now when I do a regular search I'll get a fair amount of results from Australian web sites. Last night I wanted a different potato cook so I Google searched "strange potato cook". One of the results was off an Australian web site. I checked out the basic recipe, took inventory of what I had on hand and put my own spin on the recipe. It's sort of a cross between hassle back potatoes and scallop potatoes. For seasoning I used Bush Tomato  Seasoning and Tasmanian Pepper Salt. To go with the potatoes I spun 3 Cornish Rock Hens. Everybody got to pick their own rub. Just a couple of pictures. 

Will definitely do this potato bake again and the Cornish Hens too. 

APa.jpg

APb.jpgAPc.jpg

• Like 2

Dee's secret potatoe bake
Slice potato cover bottom of dish slice pumpkin or sweet potatoe or sweet corn slice up onion layer cut up bacon layer In a jug put two french onion soup mix 1 teaspoon of garlic a splash of milk stir and pour into dish covering everything grate cheese over top bake for 40 min until golden brown

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

6 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Dee's secret potatoe bake
Slice potato cover bottom of dish slice pumpkin or sweet potatoe or sweet corn slice up onion layer cut up bacon layer In a jug put two french onion soup mix 1 teaspoon of garlic a splash of milk stir and pour into dish covering everything grate cheese over top bake for 40 min until golden brown

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

TY for posting that - will give it a try one day. I like potatoes but get tired of eating them cooked the same way. I'm always on the lookout for new potato recipes.