churchi

Site Upgraded | 2017-08-26 | IPB: 4.2.2

Hi All,

The forum has had a huge upgrade today to the latest v4.2.x code from IPB. This was a significant upgrade so as you can tell there may be some teething problems.

There is some issues with the template/theme colours that i will fix up over the next day or so.

If you notice anything else not quite right please post here.

There are too many changes in this upgrade, so hopefully you like the new additions.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ckreef said:

We definitely need a couple different themes to choose from in the Mobile platform. Black/white/gray is very boring. JMHO

I still vote to remove the automatic paragraph after hitting carriage return. It makes it impossible to nicely format a recipe or list. 

I'm, happy to load up other options for a theme @ckreef. However i will have to leave that decision up to @DennisLinkletter to pick it.

Do you have any thoughts for an alternate theme or colour scheme @ckreef? I can try and work on this theme, just in a different colour set. If its the whole layout, then we may need to look to a completely new theme.

4 hours ago, Pequod said:

Can't seem to find the "like" button using Safari on my iPad. Haven't tried other browsers or computers yet.

Thanks for the feedback @Pequod. I don't own an iPad, so is there anyone else who can confirm this for me? I can see the like button on the Safari laptop browser though.

The like button is now the heart button   to the right. It brings up 5 different options to choose from including a straight like. 

@Pequod do you not see the heart?

@churchi the @ symbol is no longer working for me. Chome on Android in mobile theme. 

Also just different colors would be awesome. 3 or 4 different options to choose from at the bottom of the page in the theme drop down box. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1

are all your themes coded for 4.2.2??? you may have to tweak them with some new code on back side of forum. from what i seen on ipb forum they have new themes available some paid some not it looks like.

great job and thanks church for updating us looks good from my end and no issues so far that i have seen

14 hours ago, Stile88 said:

are all your themes coded for 4.2.2??? you may have to tweak them with some new code on back side of forum. from what i seen on ipb forum they have new themes available some paid some not it looks like.

great job and thanks church for updating us looks good from my end and no issues so far that i have seen

They sure are mate. 4.2.x theme has been loaded up from scratch. The issue is the colour matching between the 4.1.x and 4.2.x themes are not the same. So its taking a bit of figuring out to get the colours back the way they were.

Thanks mate, glad to hear there is no issues so far :) 

Cheers.

On 27/08/2017 at 11:50 AM, Pequod said:

Wait...fixed it. I had to manually change the theme to 4.2. Was stuck on the previous.

Thanks for the update. Interesting that you had to manually change it to the new theme, i thought i did a global change for that. I will go check that now :)