Web Analytics
Jump to content

Troble

Owners
  • Posts

    1,283
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    179

Everything posted by Troble

  1. @Basher “you make my cooks look boring” he says as he’s grilling lamb tongues! Who even does that? Nobody in my neck of the woods. I’ll take your word on it for now. I’m sure it was delicious you seem to always nail your cooks as for my adobada. It is quite literally my favorite piece of Mexican cuisine to eat. Mind you I don’t even eat them in San Diego, there are maybe a handful of spots that do it right but I literally drive down to the border (8 miles) park my car, walk across the border, go get some adobada tacos (at least 5 can be up to 7) eat those, then walk back over the border, get my car and drive home. Round trip usually 90-120 minutes. The Tijuana style adobada tacos is legendary. When I first began dreaming of my outdoor kitchen I thought the essential cooking devices were a offset wood smoker, my power burner side burner, gas grill, wood fired pizza oven and a Trompo. A trompo is how one cooks authentic al pastor. My wife correctly told me I was F’ing crazy and ultimately that’s how I got her to agree to let me get my Big Bad KK. It was cheaper than getting all those separate things. So being able to finally cook al pastor at home, authentically will be something I love and have dreamed about. Hopefully I don’t a screw it up. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_pastor
  2. @tony b you’re chicken dish looks amazing as always. Can you enlighten me on why you love peach wood so much? I’ve only used it once and found it to be just ok nothing special but would love an education I’m gearing up to fulfill a grilling dream of mine and am going to do pork adobada tacos on the spit this Friday using this recipe as a template
  3. @tony b you certainly did sir. I placed that Easter egg there for you. They happened to have it at my Whole Foods so I scored 3 bottles and man was it delicious
  4. Cucumbers. Sorry auto correct
  5. Spit fired rotisserie chicken schwarma pita wraps with carrots, cucumbers and homemade Tadziki & fresh Mediterranean salad
  6. @Basher the underside does tell the story! Yours is perfect mate. What temp did you cook it?
  7. I just have OCD. I hate not being good at something so I practice it till I’m at least decent. I’m now on week 7 for pizza and I’ll tell you what I learned was I was very cavalier with my dough the first few weeks. Once I started focusing on getting my dough balls consistent from the time I formed them to when I started rolling them out it made a huge difference in my crust. Paying careful attention during my prep was what turned the corner for me and it was only last week that I was truly happy with my sauce and final product. Keep practicing it’s a good skill to have and worth the effort
  8. @Wingman505 solid effort. I rotate my pies at least once per cook and depending on how many pies I cook I rotate it multiple times. (Typically by the 4th or 5th pizza the heat starts dying off a bit and I rotate more) keep up the good work!
  9. @Aussie Ora that’s a great idea! How did you set that basket up on your spit?
  10. Had to take a few days to eat through all the leftovers from last weekend. Tonight’s meal was marinated pork tenderloin, marinated two days using this recipe https://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2016/04/sweet-pineapple-soy-grilled-pork-tenderloin/ beussel sprouts with red onion, garlic, prosciutto (didn’t have any bacon or pancetta) and Balsamic glaze along with air fryed Yukon gold otatoes tossed in sea salt, garlic, olive oil, black pepper, paprika and finished with Mexican cheese. Served with bottle of Justin cab
  11. @oakland looks like a good effort to me. I’ve found that I prefer prime grain finished. I’ve tried grass fed a few times and honestly the grain finish tasted better and turned out better than both grass fed briskets I did. Try to get a prime gain finished. They sell them at my butcher shop usually (haven’t seen one though in a month) and Costco Business has them as well
  12. Rotisserie chicken two ways. On the left butter, olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper and rosemary, tarragon, thyme and fresh oregano on the right it’s Peruvian spiced chicken with pink Peruvian salt, garlic, black pepper, aji amarillo, aji panca & cumin teboko & Tonyb inspired crispy air fryed potatoes completed the meal and I can’t believe I’ve lived me entire life without air fryer potatoes holy smokes!
  13. @Pequod the bottom of that crust is superb!
  14. @oakland good luck! Patience is the key
  15. Nice looking rack Basher
  16. I’ve gotten better under your tutelage Mac
  17. Pizza night. Cheese pizza, pepperoni, Hawaiian, veggie. 6 weeks of consecutive pizza cooking and I can say my crust game is improving. I finally nailed the sauce and will be using this recipe going forward
  18. Looks amazing as always Tony
  19. Thanks Mac. That was my wife’s plate she likes Tadziki. I forgot to take a picture of mine 😀
  20. Been prepping for this cook in my head fir months. Bought the meat Wednesday. Marinated it for two days. got the bone in leg of lamb even though my butcher told me I was crazy to do bone in on a rotisserie. I was very happy with the results. First time cooking a piece of lamb this big and let alone on the rotisserie. I may have slightly overcooked it but it the flavors were in point served with Mediterranean chickpea salad and homemade Tadziki Quite possibly the most fun/enjoyable cook of my life. Very happy with the first effort IMG_2572.MOV
  21. Not sure if this counts but leftover chicken from Wednesday repurposed with fresh handmade tortillas ($2.99 for pack of 15 from my local market) into quesadillas with fresh avocado (cause we put avocado on everything in San Diego)
  22. First time grilling sausages on indirect heat. I really enjoyed the result. Will be doing it again
  23. Bourbon sausages w/Stone IPA whole grain mustard
×
×
  • Create New...