rbv

Big Day's Tomorrow!

Well, the trucking company (UPS Freight) promises me that their liftgate truck is available for Friday and will be delivering my cooker, sometime between Noon and 5PM (just like the cable company with their approx. time of arrival). I've got the camera batteries charged and the patio shoveled clear of snow. I know I have to tighten the hinge spring, but is there anything else I should know about when it arrives? Or is it just get it outta the crate and have at it? Thanks for any advice. Rick

Delivery Day Tips..

Hate to be the bearer of less than good news but your cooker's crate is pre- easy open crate, so the strength needed to protect it will work a bit against you while opening it up... :lol:

I always suggest not breaking your back to remove the cardboard that protects your firebox. Just burn it..

The countdown to delivery is absolutely the most frustrating part of purchasing a Komodo.. I'm sure your feeling like a kid the day before Christmas.

:wink:

No problem, Dennis. Crowbar and saws available. I'm sure it will be worth whatever effort uncrating it requires. I can't wait for afternoon...if it wasn't so cold and wet, I'd be out at the mailbox, looking up and down the road for the truck. The anticipation just enhances the whole experience. Went out and bought 40 lbs of Humphrey's lump charcoal yesterday, just to be ready. Thanks for EVERYTHING, Dennis.

Beat This!!!!

How's this for a tidy, patient uncrating of a KK.

78456434-M.jpg

Crowbar, Hammer, Wonderbar and a couple of hours of muscle.

Notice the nails/fastners piled up on the right center.

Went out and bought 40 lbs of Humphrey's lump charcoal yesterday' date=' just to be ready. Thanks for EVERYTHING, Dennis.[/quote']

I'd suggest going and getting the rest of the lump they have on hand :D

Man am I jealous... The guy I used to get Humphrey from stopped carying it. I'bve been using Royal Oak but it's not as good. The Wicked Good weekend Warrior Blend is close to it but is much more expensive.

Leejp, hunny, you talk to your therapist about that? Really - he WANTS to know. Purty little white jacket, just for you - buttons a little funny, but don't you worry about a thing....

;)

(guys, don't tell him the boards are stacked crooked. Dunno WHAT he'll do if he notices!) :shock:

Hey, maybe if you sent all that back to Dennis, he'd give you a discount on another one, and you could take it apart, too!

leejp, you didnt own one of the competitors grills did you?

Just wondering, 'cause with this company, you dont need to worry about keeping the packaging so you can return it later.

...Not that keeping the packaging would have helped you get warranty service with the other company :D In fact, I think removing the cooker form the crate has voided many-a-warranty :shock::P

leejp, you didnt own one of the competitors grills did you?

Just wondering, 'cause with this company, you dont need to worry about keeping the packaging so you can return it later.

...Not that keeping the packaging would have helped you get warranty service with the other company :D In fact, I think removing the cooker form the crate has voided many-a-warranty :shock::P

Funny you mention it... Yes I did own the competitors grill. A #7. Here's the packaging for that guy...

78552115-M.jpg

Draw your own conclusions on the quality of the packaging. The #7 was a nice cooker (served me well) and I never had a problem with it but once I saw the metalwork on the KK I had to have one.

Now WRT to the OCD behavior... yeah I resemble that comment. You should see my "coal arrangement" procedure... ;)

Funny you mention it... Yes I did own the competitors grill. A #7. Here's the packaging for that guy...

78552115-M.jpg

Draw your own conclusions on the quality of the packaging.

Yet another perfect example of why two Ks (KK)are better than one (K)! Now, is that a piece of DRYWALL proecting the handle protrusion?

Yet another perfect example of why two Ks (KK)are better than one (K)! Now, is that a piece of DRYWALL proecting the handle protrusion?

It was actually 1/4" plywood... It's the paint that's making it llok like sheetrock. The packaging was very much "ad hoc" (use whatever scraps lying around) but it arrived safely.