Curly

What's anyone cooking this week-end?

Cutting Bait...

I'm going into NYC this weekend to run some errands and will stop by Dynasty Supermarket in Chinatown to pick up some pork ribs. Under $2/# trimmed (Brisket and tips cut off)! Can't beat that.

Also... I've not used brown sugar in my rubs for some time but a couple of weeks ago I did a couple of spatchcock cornish hens with a sea salt/brown sugar based rub just as an experiment. My kids were licking the drippings on their plate. So I'll be researching rubs this weekend as well and will do a spatchcock chicken on Sunday.

Re: Cutting Bait...

I'm going into NYC this weekend to run some errands and will stop by Dynasty Supermarket in Chinatown to pick up some pork ribs. Under $2/# trimmed (Brisket and tips cut off)! Can't beat that.

Also... I've not used brown sugar in my rubs for some time but a couple of weeks ago I did a couple of spatchcock cornish hens with a sea salt/brown sugar based rub just as an experiment. My kids were licking the drippings on their plate. So I'll be researching rubs this weekend as well and will do a spatchcock chicken on Sunday.

I saw some rib pics on another site yesterday that had a huge pile of brown sugar mixed with rubs on them. The guy said the brown sugar melted and got into the ribs...and was loved by all.

I'm gonna do that (sorta) today on the babybacks I'm smoking. I'm gonna rub them normally and them put a layer (not a pile) of brown sugar on meat side and see if it melts into the meat. I'm not opposed to trying new things...especially when people talk about their families licking the plates and such. :D

Here they are after rubbing them with some 2 brothers rub as a base and then Dizzy Pigs Cowlick. Then I put some brown sugar on. I didn't cover them like the pics I saw of someone elses cause I wasn't sure I'd like that much...baby steps :lol:

LeadDog, this is what ribs look like with meat on them :shock: . You should try them, they go for about 6 hrs or so at 250 or less. They are great...I know it's also great to knaw on the bones...and I do a bit of that myself, but mostly the dogs get the bones.

Those water bombs (400 of them) are for me and Katie in a week or 2 when it really warms up. We're gonna have a massive water baloon war. Her mommy is too skerd to join us...we pleaded.

100_1785.jpg

Better pic of the rubs (hopefully)

100_1787.jpg

Here they are after about 2 hours of cooking. I tore a little scraggling piece off and gave it to Chubby...so he's out there laying by the cooker.

100_1789.jpg

Here's a loaf of French breach that comes in a buiscuit like container that I put on the KK...just sliced it upped, melted some butter and honey together and it was good stuff. I did an egg wash on it and it got a nice little crust.

100_1794.jpg

Here's a plater of the 3 racks cut in half...no, we didn't eat them all. Apparently, one of our church friends had a baby and we are taking 2 of the 1/2 slabs (someone else is soing some other fixings) to her house as a meal. Hey, I'm all for Christian charity but does God expect THIS MUCH from us? I know, I know, He expects all we have. :smt022 . Well, I have been blessed :D

100_1793.jpg

Here's a plate with some ribs, slaw, beans, and bread...yeah, we are blessed indeed :D

100_1795.jpg

LeadDog, this is what ribs look like with meat on them :shock: . You should try them, they go for about 6 hrs or so at 250 or less. They are great...I know it's also great to knaw on the bones...and I do a bit of that myself, but mostly the dogs get the bones.

Curly it depends on the animal what the ribs will look like. Take the ribs you have there and compare them to the ribs of an Elephant and your ribs will look like they have no meat on them.

Pig? Yep I have tried it. I like wild pig it is really good. :) Next time I see one running around I'll break it's neck. :)

Here is a picture of one we got a while back.

pig.jpg

Curly it depends on the animal what the ribs will look like. Take the ribs you have there and compare them to the ribs of an Elephant and your ribs will look like they have no meat on them.

Pig? Yep I have tried it. I like wild pig it is really good. :) Next time I see one running around I'll break it's neck. :)

Here is a picture of one we got a while back.

pig.jpg

If you break a wild pig's neck that big, you are one bad dude.

:smt023 .

When was that pic taken, 30-40 years ago?

Pork Shoulder!

Got the pork shoulder (coated in Rox's Rub) smoking away! New Guru lead covers in full effect. Also welded up a grill grate extender so I could put a deflector stone in here. There just was not enough height in this smoker to cook direct, nor a place for the deflector.

dscn1037mediumfm9.jpg

She ain't purdy (Curly knows all about that subject), but she gets the job done till the real grill arrives!

dscn1040mediumli1.jpg

dscn1041mediummz7.jpg

Looks like a thing of beauty to me' date=' Deej. Specially with that fresh ham in there. Mmmm! :) You do make a beautiful roast, that's for sure. Pleasing to the eye. Bet it's gonna taste wonderful, too!![/quote']

No matter how much you smooze him Sanny, he will delete your posts when he's on drugs...it just don't help.

Yeah, but it is a purdy shoulder, and I know all about purdy. DJ, what KK will you be getting again?

when he's on drugs...it just don't help.

Man, if you only knew.....the new stuff I am on is Topamax. I think this crap was invented to torture people with. I can say it does work for the most part, but OMG the side effect. Dazed and confused comes to mind first.

DJ' date=' what KK will you be getting again?[/quote']

I am getting a black tiled KK with black grout. It will be a stealth KK!

-=Jasen=-

Man, if you only knew.....the new stuff I am on is Topamax. I think this crap was invented to torture people with. I can say it does work for the most part, but OMG the side effect. Dazed and confused comes to mind first.

-=Jasen=-

Yeah, it's pretty stealth cause nobody can see it :D:D

-=Jasen=-

Yeah, it's pretty stealth cause nobody can see it :D:D

Maybe that is what I want you to think?? I am really cooking on an invisible grill right now? Yeah, now I am wanting some of what I am on?? :shock::?:roll:

-=Jasen=-