Buzilo

32 question

It also depends on what you mean by “heat up”. If you mean heat soaked, then due to mass it will take longer. If you mean ready for direct grilling, my 32 is ready faster than my 23. Larger top/bottom vents means more airflow. It’s surprisingly agile for a big guy. 

• Like 3

I didn't respond to @buzilo's question when I first saw it because it confused me but I didn't know why.  On reflection, just before I went to bed, I thought that the answer must be "it depends".  Happily, @Pequod agrees.  I have my 32 in a permanent half basket config for two zone cooking.  That half basket is probably equivalent to a 23 basket and, as Pequod said, you can generate more airflow through the 32 and so it lights very quickly.  Therefore, for a hot and fast cook the 32 is quicker and for heat soaking to cook bread or pizza it is slower.  No precise timings here because...it depends.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, buzilo said:

Sorry for the delay, I’m definitely batting for the 32. I just like the versatility. Going from the 21 to 23’s not bad but I’m afraid that I might want to go up the stuff again later

I think your logic is sound.  There is really not that much difference between the 21 and 23 so, if you are going to size up I would definitely go for the 32.  

1 hour ago, buzilo said:

if and when I get the 32 I might get rid of the 21 just because of space

See how you go.  If you do get the 32 you could use it alongside the 21, space allowing, to see if there are benefits in running both sometimes.  I certainly find having more than one KK very useful when cooking outdoors in the summer.  Cuts the number of trips back into the IDK and is just more fun all round.