Forrest

Less Can Be More (21 O/G Supreme)

Here is some pictures of my 21” Supreme setup. As you can see the 21 is no joke, you can cook a lot of food on this KK. Hopefully this gives you a better idea of it’s size/capacity.

I just threw on:

-Double Bottom Drip Pan lowest grate

-10lbs of cubed pork belly on main grate

-2 whole spare ribs trimmed on top grate

ac5d874be69ecd10a171cb8a0a8b0669.jpg

52ed9a5cff8af1d272bcc420eebe2c0b.jpg

a07a0c67f3b1c2e9d2f2e390576d5434.jpg

5b2e9e671f9842fe3d6f3aff44bab8ef.jpg

Running smoke with the small 475 ml MSR smoke Pot, but as you can see you can fit a pretty good amount of wood sufficient for most cooks in this little guy. With this smoke pot you never run the risk of it snuffing out the fire because of its small size.

c5843e3fbe234a0c58d661972788875a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

An aphorism I heard long ago (from David and Kim, old-timers here might remember them) was that a full cooker is a happy cooker.

One doesn't use a water pan with a ceramic cooker, but there is a sweet spot for the ideal cooker humidity. A full cooker is said to naturally find this sweet spot.

On the other hand, aphorisms aren't gospel. They're memory aids, and I don't remember if this one is true.

My spreadsheet tells me that I cooked 38 lbs of pork butt once in my 23" KK. That's pushing it, but it came out great.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2021 at 11:06 PM, Syzygies said:

An aphorism I heard long ago (from David and Kim, old-timers here might remember them) was that a full cooker is a happy cooker.

Yes, I remember them well. Miss them a lot! I learned a great deal from their posts back in the day! 

• Like 1