ChiKing

FireBoard 2 probe question

Hey all, I finally k off off the bbq guru as I was tired of it failing. Excited to try the FireBoard 2.

Quick q: since the k probes don’t fit through the holes meant for feeding wires outside the smoker, do you just let them sit on the rim and close it? Is there another way?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep there is. Thread the part that plugs into the Fireboard unit from the inside of the grill. So you can put the probe in the meat while waiting for the KK to come to temperature. Then set the meat on the grill and push the "plug in" part through the hole. Then put a rubber grommet (included in your goodie bag) and you're good to go. 

Yep there is. Thread the part that plugs into the Fireboard unit from the inside of the grill. So you can put the probe in the meat while waiting for the KK to come to temperature. Then set the meat on the grill and push the "plug in" part through the hole. Then put a rubber grommet (included in your goodie bag) and you're good to go. 

Not sure I understand. Do you mean this end with the yellow? It does not fit through the whole as I see it.

The other end has a clip so it won’t fit in either. I f3c3c6f0b9a957f044ef32e92a6fb6ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize it was the Pro model when you posed the question. I have the Fireboard Drive which uses the same probes as the Fireboard 2 (non Drive).  But as you read, taking the alligator clip off the probe should let it go through without a problem.  Or put the yellow end through if...like you said...it's small enough to go through the hole.