dj-dj

Next year plans…

Have every intention of getting a 32” KK next year. 

Am guessing I’ll go for all the things drip pan, rotisserie (cradle and spit) clean smoke, basket reducer, pizza stone,teak grabbers and the steel topped side tables.  Is there anything else I should be adding to the shopping list? The plan would be to ask Dennis to fill the second crate with char and wood too  

I have an ooni pizza oven already, will the KK be any better for neopolitan style pizza (approx 450C cooking temps etc)?

Which spec rotisserie motor should I aim for, and will it work on UK voltage?

I have experience of an old bbq guru on my WSM and the GMG pellet burner’s built in control, which fan/temp controller do people tend to use for their KK?

How long are lead times for production, and any ideas of approx time/cost to ship to the UK?

hello dj

drip pan: yes, because nothing you can buy outside of kk will be in the shape of your 32.

rotisserie: yes

rotisserie motor: i bought mine on amazon uk

rotisserie cradle: i have it, but haven't really used it.

smoke generator?: yes, but note its lots of tubes and cables, but you can cold smoke salmon, cheese, etc..

basket reducer: yes, but i modded mine to burn the back half of the basket of my 19. i have seen other 32 owners do the same. 

pizza stone: i have one just because it's not that much $, but i rarely bake on my kk.

teak grate tools: i have them but i never use them. 

ss top side tables: yes, because the ss will protect the teak from burning if placing hot items on top. 

kk charocoals/woods: i have never used.

i find pizzas are best cooked on dedicated pizza ovens. 

i personally use the fireboard 2 pro and bbq guru pit viper fan. people generally use fb or thermoworks. but learn to use top/bottom vents manually. 

you should to get the outdoor cover for it. even if you have shelter over the kk, you want to keep moisture out. and if no shelter, spray waterproof coating on the fabric. 

maybe a cabinet to store your charcoal/woods, kk grates and tools, but thats really up to you. if not, a tool box or tool bag to hold all the accessories, spare parts, repair tools, rot. motors, cold smoker accs. 

ask dennis about production times. 

• Like 1

Drip pan- opt for the double bottom one (my opinion)

Temp Controller: I use the Thermoworks Signals and billows setup. Get the little silicone blocker for the billows unit if you go this route. 
Cover: I agree with getting it, just realize that you will have to fold down the tables to use it. 

Agreed, the cover is a must have. And I have the teak grate pullers and I think i have used them a few times, they are good for getting the half grate in and out. I have the Fireboard2 Pro and while it is really good at what it does i'm not a big fan of their software. I don't find it intuitive at all.