djami

Dizzy Pig store

For all who visited the great Dizzy Pig store in northern Virginia ... it is time to weep.  Not only did they move, but they totally changed their operation.  I loved going to Dizzy Pig because it was like going to the BBQ candy store.  They moved to a facility about two miles away but they are not carrying all the cool BBQ toys and various charcoal brands.  Instead they are concentrating on the production of their rubs and spices which they produce there.  They do have limited stocks of upscale Victorinox knives and things, but most of the front part or sales area of the store is devoted to their Dizzy Pig products. 

I hate to say it, but they probably made a good business decision to focus on their main strength.  Having said all of that ... in my area it seems like Ace Hardware store easily replaces the Dizzy Pig stuff ... but Ace does not carry many quality or cool things found at Dizzy Pig.

Dennis - you will be happy to learn that Dizzy Pig dropped their line of Green Egg stuff.  They not only sold the Green Egg line of cookers, but also they stocked many of their accessories.

How does the Ace jingle go ... Ace is the place ... the helpful hardware / BBQ place ...

Ciao,

djami - Virginia

• Like 1