tony b

Another One Bites the Q!

We got the word this week that ANOTHER BBQ place in town is closing as of this Saturday. That's 2 in the last 2 months. Both said that they just couldn't make it work. One had been a "staple" around here for many years. Hope it's not a trend! Fortunately, when I'm being lazy and not making my own Q, I still have several other spots in town to choose from. 

• Sad 1

I have a good friend who runs a BBQ business here. He says that it's a struggle and you have to have the passion for it to keep going. His margins are razor thin and any bump in his costs hurts. Like you said, folks have it in their heads what they should pay for a pulled pork sandwich, notwithstanding what the true costs really are. COVID almost did him in, as he does a lot of catering of weddings, graduations, and corporate-sponsored events. That practically dried up during the quarantine and he barely made it on the carryout/delivery from the restaurant. 

• Sad 1

Yah, slapping on a mask every time you wanted to go out and enjoy yourself didn't help then to see most unwilling to open because of non compliance only added on.  Come to find out it was no more dangerous than the flu for healthy younger individuals but targeted the elderly and weaker at greater risk. Those owners most affected were to be compensated, that's where the money was supposed to go, just sayin. All I can add is, support your local businesses, it's what keeps everything moving

Edited by Tyrus