yeah, they have the rustic line with no powder coating. i guess some people like patina? but this is a little too much... it's same price as the powder coated ones.

they claim a 27 hour burn time which is pretty good. but the cast iron internals, firebox, grates, plates are all a PITA to maintain..

image.thumb.png.3e46b1c01cd262511bd1eea9406c19b9.png

That's true David, they are a chore to maintain at times, however if you own any cast iron and are on top of things the maintenance isn't too difficult. This particular model I haven't seen featured as a selling point yet, the model I have (same size 20.5 in) is powder coated and about a year old now, this is a new anomaly. With any cooker your going to have your pros and cons, I can do things on here in specific terms that I can't do on the KK and vice versa or better said, "prefer to do"'. I like it, the firebed is up high, I can change the 3 sets of stackable cast iron grates for different height, it has a cast deflector/griddle and a basket splitter and offers nice grill marks. It's a beast, heavy like most KK's, but once you find a place for it, it generally resides there like all do. It's a good functional indirect cooker and ready to go quickly. The build,,composition, and structure is unique and lends itself to alternatives for ideas in preparation ideal for some cooks, you don't have to pamper it, your not going to knock it over and certainly not over fire it. I've given away my other Kamado's, somewhat reluctantly for space but this one's a keeper. Just be aware it's not a KK, it's not forgiving, meaning the kids should be on the other side of the yard because the outside gets hot as the thermometer reads. Lastly, the fire box is massive, you'll need a come along in order to get it out so ash has to be removed from the lower vent.

Edited by Tyrus

@Tyrus oh, i didn't know you haveone. and good to know it's serving you well. i have mostly carbon steel for reactive cookware and used to the upkeep, but i live in sauna most of the year, so i don't think this device would be suitable for me outdoors. i've been seeing a lot of this cast iron kamado on youtube, so it seems popular, albeit more expensive that your average flowerpot kamado.