We have seen the BillyBar, now have a peek at Grill Floss:

http://www.grillfloss.com/web/home.php

This is similar in design to Billybar, but has been taken to the next level (just like KK). Grill Floss is not only all stainless, but also comes with a reversible scraper head - one side for 3/8" bars, the other for 1/4 or 5/16".

I tried ordering one online, but the security certificate on their ordering page has issues, so I will be phoning in an order in the morning.

Sweet, got my order in for one too!

In the meantime, I've been using a Craftsman 1/4" & 3/8" open end wrench to clean the grills. They are chrome vanadium so won't make it rust, and do a pretty good job. You just have to wear a good welding glove or similar when doing the cleaning.

Woodie

In the meantime, I've been using a Craftsman 1/4" & 3/8" open end wrench to clean the grills. They are chrome vanadium so won't make it rust, and do a pretty good job. You just have to wear a good welding glove or similar when doing the cleaning.

Woodie

Great idea on the wrench, weld it to something and there's your WoodyBar :D

Wow! Thanks for the business!

Hi guys! I'm the sales director for HouseofFireOnline where many of you have ordered the Grillfloss from. I was wondering why I was getting so many orders for the Grillfloss in the same day, but then I found this forum and there was my answer. I'm sure you guys will love the Grillfloss, it works great! I'll be shipping these out to you all on Friday (would be sooner, but I'm losing a couple of days because of the 4th of July.) So again, thanks for the business, and be sure to let me know if you need anything else!

Re: Wow! Thanks for the business!

Hi guys! I'm the sales director for HouseofFireOnline where many of you have ordered the Grillfloss from. I was wondering why I was getting so many orders for the Grillfloss in the same day' date=' but then I found this forum and there was my answer. I'm sure you guys will love the Grillfloss, it works great! I'll be shipping these out to you all on Friday (would be sooner, but I'm losing a couple of days because of the 4th of July.) So again, thanks for the business, and be sure to let me know if you need anything else![/quote']

So, does that mean we get a volume discount - hehehehe - had to ask! BTW, welcome to the forum.

BTW, did anyone else see the "Grill's and Outdoor Living" show the other night on HGTV? It was the same night Firemonkey posted the Grillfloss link as I saw it on that show the same night.

-=Jasen=-

Woodie

Hehe, I tried your tip today of the 3/8 wrench. I gotta admit, that is a good tip as it works. Though it took me forever to find the damn thing. It is always the last wrench you find, when you are looking for it!!! But hopefully my grill floss will be here soon and I won't worry about it. Guess I am stuck making my own ash scraper.

-=Jasen=-

I bought one of these years ago and at the time questioned the longevity of the blades. The salesperson at the time said there was no need to buy replacement blades as they would never wear out. Being the pessimist that I am I order a few extra blades (don't even know where I put them) needless to say the salesperson was right, I will never need a replacement blade. This thing is great.

Not a bad idea....

So, does that mean we get a volume discount - hehehehe - had to ask! BTW, welcome to the forum.

BTW, did anyone else see the "Grill's and Outdoor Living" show the other night on HGTV? It was the same night Firemonkey posted the Grillfloss link as I saw it on that show the same night.

-=Jasen=-

You know, I might just have to come up with something for you guys. Maybe some sort of discount on future purchases or something along those lines. I'll keep you posted! BTW, it's nice to see a BBQ site with active, enthusiastic forum members. Most of the others I've come across seem to have very low member participation, but komodokamado is quite the opposite.

Brandon

House of Fire

Re: Not a bad idea....

BTW' date=' it's nice to see a BBQ site with active, enthusiastic forum members. Most of the others I've come across seem to have very low member participation, but komodokamado is quite the opposite.[/quote']What's not to be enthusiastic about? It's a happy forum, even for those of us who have not made a KK purchase (but grill along with another mfg's creation).

Join us any time. We'll try to keep Deej from reaching into your pocket for many more discounts. :wink: Dunno how successful we'll be, but we can try. :wink: You could distract him, perhaps, with photos of roasting meat.

Or, of course, beer. :drinkers:

How does that scrape your ash out? -=Jasen=-

Quite nicely, thank you. I don't usually remove ash to the point where polish and wax are required. :lol: I'm sure you could find someone to mod it to your specs. :D BTW if you've ever had your ash scraped, you know how that feels. :oops::oops: