How does that scrape your ash out? -=Jasen=-

Quite nicely, thank you. I don't usually remove ash to the point where polish and wax are required. :lol: I'm sure you could find someone to mod it to your specs. :D BTW if you've ever had your ash scraped, you know how that feels. :oops::oops:

Oh please, you like it when your ash gets scraped and you know it!!

-=Jasen=-

Does Dennis even make them anymore? I saw them mentioned when I first came across this forum, but then no further mention?

Just from my unscientific observation, I think the grill spacing is different now than when that pic was taken. I think my 3/8 bars are further apart than that?

Does Dennis even make them anymore? I saw them mentioned when I first came across this forum, but then no further mention?

Just from my unscientific observation, I think the grill spacing is different now than when that pic was taken. I think my 3/8 bars are further apart than that?

Firemonkey, I believe the spacing on our grills is 3/8". I was able to lay something 3/8" in between and it fit snug.

-=Jasen=-

What gives with the scrapers? Those look like custom made grill cleaners for the KK's 1/4" & 3/8" grills. I haven't seen them before now. Anybody have one? How did you get it?

I have one! It arrived in the mail....it was part of my grill package purchase, back about 10 months ago (in the stone age!).

I don't have a 3/8" grill, so I can't answer that question.

So' date=' I think by now most of you guys should have received your Grillfloss. How do you like them?[/quote']

Well, at first I thought the scraping blade on this thing sure is thin and would bend fairly easily on our 3/8" grates. But then I tried it and it works really well. I have to say that I am impressed with how well it cleans. So, thumbs up from me (which is great so now I do not have to build one).

Thanks!

-=Jasen=-

Oh No!

Ok, I might be recanting some of my previous post. It has been raining a lot the last week (I received the Grill Floss in Monday) and was checking on the pork butts when I noticed orange at the bottom on the grill floss scraper head. Got to looking at it and the flattened part of the tube where the scraper is inserted had rust and down on the blade itself. Using the magnet, I checked the handle, the bolt, the nut and the scraper blade. The nut and the scraper were very attracted to the magnet (handle and bolt were not). Now, I know lower grade stainless will be attracted to magnets, but it should not be rusting this quick. So I am thinking there might have been a mix up somewhere with materials??

-=Jasen=-

FYI, quote from Grill Floss web site:

What is grillfloss made of?

The grillfloss is comprised of 301 and 304 grade stainless steel, the same stuff they use for the roof of the Empire State Building.

I have been in Bermuda all week, so I havent even had a chance to see mine. But I will check it when it arrives, and if it performs similarly, I will be calling to take it up with the manufacturer.

I did talk to him briefly after ordering. HE saw my number on his caller ID and thought I was a BBQ store in FL based on my area code 8)

That is strange' date=' I have had mine for several years and I keep it hanging on a table near my grill OUTSIDE the whole time. I have never seen any sign of rust.[/quote']

They say it is supposed to be SS. I am sure that just my luck, I probably got a Monday make or something and they used the wrong stuff (my luck). But I have already heard from the House of Fire guy (very fast response) and he said the issue would be made aware to the manufacturer. Ya know, stuff happens, it is how it gets handled that makes all the difference!

-=Jasen=-

Well, it looks like I got one from the same batch as DJ. While flipping the blade over to fit my 3/8" grates, I checked the parts with a magnet. The blade and the lock washer that is attached to the nut both snapped right to it.

dscn2034wv0.jpg

This is a beautiful scraper, and I have to give kudos for the blue anodized end on the handle - really looks nice. Too bad the the most important part will rust. I think the nut itself is stainless, but the lock washer is attached to it, and I dont think it is. I would just replace the nut with a plain stainless one, but it isn't going to do much good if the head rusts.

Kudos to House of Fire for the great deal, speedy shipping and easy ordering, too!

I am going to email grillfloss and see what they say about it.