ThreeDJ16

Grill Floss Banter!

Just out of curiosity' date=' what does the new one do on the magnet test?[/quote']

Lower grade SS is magnetic, but not nearly as strong as carbon steel. While you can tell a slight attraction to the magnet, it is nothing like the first scraper blade I received. There is also a different finish on the scraper and the handle than the first one (more of a brushed SS rather than the polished look of the first). The only thing on the new grill floss that has a strong magnetic pull is the lock washer on the back of the nut. Everything else is either non-magnetic or very weak.

I might also point out that the new grill floss came in a nice package meant for display where the one from House of Fire was just loose in the shipping box (my guess as to why they were so much cheaper). Also, I have not heard one single word from Brandon @ House of Fire since I sent the pics; so then I sent the pics directly to Mike at Grill Floss and got a response with the new scraper. So my advice is to buy direct from the Grill Floss web site to ensure you are getting the real deal ($10 saved was not worth the headache).

-=Jasen=-

Im not sure you are being fair to House of Fire...how could they have any control over the rusting, and what remedy could they offer other than other identical unit?

FWIW, before ordering from HOF, I tried ordering direct from GrillFloss, and found the certificate on their commerce page to be invalid. (I let mike know, and it has since been corrected) You can also buy in bulk from the grillfloss page, which is surely what HOF did.

I cant fault HOF for the lack of a retail package, or the rusting of the blade. They are just retailers. I am just thankful the manufacturer is appropriately standing behind the product; as they should.

BTW...mine looks just like yours did, so I will be calling Mike again.

Im not sure you are being fair to House of Fire...how could they have any control over the rusting, and what remedy could they offer other than other identical unit?

FWIW, before ordering from HOF, I tried ordering direct from GrillFloss, and found the certificate on their commerce page to be invalid. (I let mike know, and it has since been corrected) You can also buy in bulk from the grillfloss page, which is surely what HOF did.

I cant fault HOF for the lack of a retail package, or the rusting of the blade. They are just retailers. I am just thankful the manufacturer is appropriately standing behind the product; as they should.

BTW...mine looks just like yours did, so I will be calling Mike again.

Ok, I don't care, even if they are a reseller, they never got back with me about my problem. So if what you are saying is true, I should never go back to Best Buy when my purchase fails in the first week? No, I don't think so. That was whom I purchased from and they should have been in direct contact with resolving my issue....so I think I was being very fair. Bottom line is I had to go and email the manufacturer for a purchase that failed in the first week instead of the person whom sold it to me. So y'all take that for what it is worth!

-=Jasen=-

So you asked for remedy - to return it, or to exchange it, like you would have if you carried it back into best buy?

Or did you just state the facts - "this has a problem" and accepted the response that HOF would address it with the manufacturer on your behalf, then went ahead and handled it yourself?

How is this the merchants fault? You posted here (on Monday) that you sent HOF pictures on Sunday night. On Monday you posted that Grillfloss had already responded to a direct email and a replacement was on the way. At that point, what more did you want anyone to do? If HOF did contact the maker, they were likely told that it was all taken care of? :?

So you asked for remedy - to return it, or to exchange it, like you would have if you carried it back into best buy?

Or did you just state the facts - "this has a problem" and accepted the response that HOF would address it with the manufacturer on your behalf, then went ahead and handled it yourself?

How is this the merchants fault? You posted here (on Monday) that you sent HOF pictures on Sunday night. On Monday you posted that Grillfloss had already responded to a direct email and a replacement was on the way. At that point, what more did you want anyone to do? If HOF did contact the maker, they were likely told that it was all taken care of? :?

My product failed in the first week; I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out I wanted a replacement! :?

I actually emailed HOF the week before and they requested pics. I emailed the pics to them first. Then when I had no response, I emailed the manufacturer to handle it (after you posted that you contacted the manufacturer). Granted I did not wait around long as I wanted this situation handled quickly, but I did not hear any further communication from HOF.

I find this hilarious, if this were Walmart or Best Buy, would you be saying I should not return it through them???? From now on, I want you to return anything you buy with a problem through the manufacturer and not your retailer!!

-=Jasen=-

Deep breaths, kids... :) We're all KK buds, remember? :smt052

Great that Deej got it handled. FM, sounds like Mike will probably fix yours too.

xo all.

Nobody is mad here Sanny, we just like to argue (it's a dude thing). When we are mad, we just smack each other down on Xbox Live (though it is usually me who does the smacking - hehehe)!

-=Jasen=-

You could have asked for a new one, but you would have gotten one from the same batch, and had the same issues. There are plenty of times I return items to the store and go get one from elsewhere - Im not faulting that behavior.

I am just trying to point out that HOF got caught in the middle here, through no real fault of their own. We ordered goods, and we got them promptly. Sometimes doing business online means you have to operate under different expectations.

I bought a huge-ass TV online. I saved over a grand, plus I avoided sales tax by doing so. If it has issues, I will be calling Sony to send a technician to fix it - not loading it on a freight truck back to NY. The same would have been the case with Best Buy or Curcuit city, too. They would have told me to call Sony to send a tech.

I will agree that if anyone wants a grillfloss, they should consider buying direct from GrillFloss. But only because they will likely receive a different revision of the product, not because of any inherent defect in HOF's service.

You could have asked for a new one, but you would have gotten one from the same batch, and had the same issues. There are plenty of times I return items to the store and go get one from elsewhere - Im not faulting that behavior.

I am just trying to point out that HOF got caught in the middle here, through no real fault of their own. We ordered goods, and we got them promptly. Sometimes doing business online means you have to operate under different expectations.

I bought a huge-ass TV online. I saved over a grand, plus I avoided sales tax by doing so. If it has issues, I will be calling Sony to send a technician to fix it - not loading it on a freight truck back to NY. The same would have been the case with Best Buy or Curcuit city, too. They would have told me to call Sony to send a tech.

I will agree that if anyone wants a grillfloss, they should consider buying direct from GrillFloss. But only because they will likely receive a different revision of the product, not because of any inherent defect in HOF's service.

My point was I emailed HOF, they said they would handle it, they never responded again - enough said in my opinion! I will smack you down later on Xbox live - hehe!

-=Jasen=-

Ahh, the old defective product/retailer vs manufacturer dilemma.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.http://web.archive.org/web/20030125225505/www.kamado.com/forum/archives/Jan99/jan99.cgi?read=846

Oh, I love this..."Deletion of this post will fuel suspicion that I am the victim of something more sinister than mere ineptitude."

Somehow, they seem to have gotten over that worry :D

Hey' date=' thanks for the banter! Love this stuff. The bottom line is I am going to order my grill floss from them directly, because I don't want the hassle of what DJ went through. :fencing:[/quote']

Well, this was kinda my main point in posting, so others would not be in the same situation, but since SOMEONE thought I was being unfair, I moved it! :shock:

-=Jasen=-