sumrtym

New BBQ Guru - DigiQ II - many improvements

I wonder how well the open lid sensor works as it doesn't actually attach a switch or anything to your cooker, it measures it from the heat drop opening the cooker.....not sure about that working right 100% of the time and recovering correctly. If it does, great, but I'd really like nakedwhiz to test the heck out of that part of it.

I just know he's gonna cook in a thunderstorm for us too to test the rain-proofness. 8)

The picture seems off to me on the display though. Where it shows the temp, I don't see a light or anything signifying if that was pit, meat, etc. even though there is a label for it (should be a dot or arrow lighted in that pic?)

$159' date=' wow, didn't they used to be in the upper $200's or something. Finally, a Guru for us commoners :D[/quote']Speak for yourself! That interferes with my chocolate budget! :shock:

And without chocolate, people die. I mean, they don't die if THEY don't get chocolate. They die if *I* don't get chocolate! :smt027

I wonder how well the open lid sensor works as it doesn't actually attach a switch or anything to your cooker, it measures it from the heat drop opening the cooker.....not sure about that working right 100% of the time and recovering correctly. If it does, great, but I'd really like nakedwhiz to test the heck out of that part of it.

I just know he's gonna cook in a thunderstorm for us too to test the rain-proofness. 8)

The picture seems off to me on the display though. Where it shows the temp, I don't see a light or anything signifying if that was pit, meat, etc. even though there is a label for it (should be a dot or arrow lighted in that pic?)

My lid open function works great - viewtopic.php?t=651 .

I was hoping Guru would incorporate something similar with some adjustments built in. Maybe they will at least allow you to custom set the temp drop at which it kicks off at. Will be interesting to find out exactly how it will function since they really gave little details on their forum about it.

-=Jasen=-