inacoma

stoker issues

Does anyone else have issues with their stoker?

Mine sometimes runs spot on. But more often than not my fan decides it doesn't want to work until I reboot the stoker unit. It tends to do this multiple times during a single cook. I've emailed Jon today about the issue and hope to have an answer...not the first time I've had issues with the device (one time the fan just didn't turn off and ran the grill very hot).

Does the stoker unit have issues when using Mozilla Firefox? Does it have issues when being accessed by multiple computers? ... reason I mentioned both those items is cuz that's the only variable I can think of.

I really like the device...but I need to "trust" it...hence the reason I bought it in the first place...so i can walk away during long low/slow cooks.

anyone else with issues or suggestions?

thanks!

kumar

I have only used it a few times and I have had no issues. My stoker is plugged into a wireless gaming router so I don't have to run RJ45 out to the back patio. I used Firefox and IE 7 and had no issues. The fan runs as it should and I have only had it over-shoot the temp one time....and I believe that was caused by me not shutting the blower off while I opened the lid and inspected the meat. I'm sure Rock will help you out.

Re: stoker issues

Mine sometimes runs spot on. But more often than not my fan decides it doesn't want to work until I reboot the stoker unit. It tends to do this multiple times during a single cook. I've emailed Jon today about the issue and hope to have an answer...not the first time I've had issues with the device (one time the fan just didn't turn off and ran the grill very hot).

Most of my problems, and there have been several, have been user error. I'm not a big time techie and I find the thing frustrating at times.

But on a couple of occasions, I know it wasn't me. I called the manufacturer. They concurred and graciously replaced it without question even though the exchange period was over.

But I'm not so sure I can trust the replacement either. It just seems to have a mind of its own.

Re: stoker issues

Most of my problems, and there have been several, have been user error. I'm not a big time techie and I find the thing frustrating at times.

But on a couple of occasions, I know it wasn't me. I called the manufacturer. They concurred and graciously replaced it without question even though the exchange period was over.

But I'm not so sure I can trust the replacement either. It just seems to have a mind of its own.

" bind of its own" is kinda how I feel about it sometimes. I will see with what Jon emails me back with.

ktp

I have only used it a few times and I have had no issues. My stoker is plugged into a wireless gaming router so I don't have to run RJ45 out to the back patio. I used Firefox and IE 7 and had no issues. The fan runs as it should and I have only had it over-shoot the temp one time....and I believe that was caused by me not shutting the blower off while I opened the lid and inspected the meat. I'm sure Rock will help you out.

Is it necessary to turn the fan off when opening the lid? Granted, I've opened the lid while the fan was running with success before...I normally never open the lid.

Is it necessary to turn the fan off when opening the lid? Granted, I've opened the lid while the fan was running with success before...I normally never open the lid.

Not necessary all the time. If you have the lid open for a long time(like to baste or something) and the grill temp prob thinks the temperature has dropped allot it will run for awhile to bring up the temp and that can cause it to over shoot. I use the "Fan off for 5minutes" feature when I have had the lid open for a long time.