DennisLinkletter

No more UPS ground?

I just got on UPS online to send out a load of accessories and ground service is not an option only 2 day air and faster. The site has been newly changed but I still could not find a way to get some Tru Tels across the country for less than $21.00-2 day air, yikes..

Is it possible that ground service is no longer offered?

:eek::eek:

I don't think that sounds right, I've recently (past few days) had Amazon send me stuff UPS ground because it was apparently cheaper than USPS (I'm cheap and use their SuperSaver shipping). My company uses FedEx and DHL so I don't have a UPS account to check on, though.

Re: No more UPS ground?

I just got on UPS online to send out a load of accessories and ground service is not an option only 2 day air and faster. The site has been newly changed but I still could not find a way to get some Tru Tels across the country for less than $21.00-2 day air, yikes..

Is it possible that ground service is no longer offered?

:eek::eek:

Dennis, just found a page that discusses rate increases for ground shipping in 2008 and a ground shipping map. Also, the site I am looking at doesn't appear to be new. Checked on costs from Augusta to San Diego, $9.95 ground for under 1 pound and under $100 insured. That is still ridiculous. US Postal Service is much cheaper on small items as they would charge under $2.

-=Jasen=-

Fedex ground?

From: Clermont, 34711, U.S.A. | To: Torrance, 90501, U.S.A. on January 8, 2008.

Package details: 1 package , 1.0 lbs, Your Packaging , 4 in x 4 in x 8 in, 0.00 USD.

Amounts are shown in USD

End of day (4 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 7.40

I have always used Fedex when possible, because the rates always seem to be a little cheaper and the counter help has much better service when I drop things off.

Than said, DJ is right. USPS is probably your best bet. Maybe just use Priority Mail. They have all manner of flat rate packaging you can use. And if you can fit your item into the package, regardless of weight, it will get there in 2-3 days. Delivery confirmation is something like 50 cents additional, tracking is like a buck more. With rates as low as $4-5 its tough to beat.

We also use FedEx, tried UPS years ago but at the time they wouldn't guarantee perishable items on their ND air. Found this out when they lost a couple of packages, so we went with FedEx.Very good service,price was comparable, just got a note that their rates are going up again so we will be shopping around again for a shipper.

A guy I work with who sells on Ebay said a while back the guy at the post office told him after the new year that they would no longer offer parcel post but asking a couple of guys at different post offices just before the end of the year they say they had not heard that. The explanation given to him was that UPS adjust their pricing to gas prices rising but theirs were locked in for a period of time so when the gas went up they were taking a beating. Have not checked with the post office since the new year but it seems like they all would have known about it if it were true so unless I hear it was I would have to believe it was not.