ThreeDJ16

No Rats, Just Boston Butt!

Ok, I got tired of the rat pics being at the top of the cooking pic thread. So I had to go out and get a Boston Butt to stick on the grill!

-=Jasen=-

FYI, you can now get SS jacketed probes from Guru for the Procom...sweeeet!!

dscn1523mediumlr0.jpg

dscn1524mediumhk0.jpg

Also, here is a little experiment I am toying with trying to achieve a slightly different cooking style on the KK. It is ugly and far from perfect but seems to be working so far; wish there were room for more holes. All the holes are drilled radially at 45 degrees to 3/8" diameter (except the two center ones which are drilled straight). We will see how it goes!

dscn1522mediumbx8.jpg

I went to college in Williamsburg, Virginia. There was a little drive up place just off Rt 60 and 64 that would bring tears to your eyes. Oh my! Pierce's Pit BBQ. Outdoor smoking thingies. Barky bits, chopped fine. Slaw on, of course. Gummy burger buns. Pepsi, of course. Maybe Nehi. Oh, man....

Closest thing to a table there was the bumper of yer car.

Swoon...

Here's a link to an article about it. http://www.pierces.com/meaty_news.asp?id=8

Wasn't this fancy when I used to go. The circa 1978 photo is about what I remember. Sigh... Those were the days.

Well, it's what I remember. Din't say I was THERE in '78. :) Was a couple years after that. lol Just a walk up shack by the road.

And there was a place in Richmond that had little salt shakers on the table. But not salt in them - seasoned vinegar sauce. Pork was served dry, and you could shake the good sauce on them. Probably a Lexington type.

Well' date=' it's what I remember. Din't say I was THERE in '78. :) Was a couple years after that. lol Just a walk up shack by the road.[/quote']

hehe :lol:

Pork was served dry' date=' and you could shake the good sauce on them.[/quote']

That is the only way BBQ should be served in my opinion. Sauce is a condiment on the table, not an ingredient.

-=Jasen=-