tcoliver

Outdoor Cabinets/Carts

Where're all you guys with the wheeled SS carts from Sams and Costco? Only reason I know is I've built a few covers for them.

From the photos I've seen; SS carts are another option for storage, and a nice addition to a patio.

John

Those don't fit in my designated bbq space, Johnnyboy. Of course, nor does a rubbermaid thingy.

Hi Johnnyboy....good to see you back. How was the vacation.

RE stainless carts: I believe mine came from Lowes or Home Depot or Costco....not sure. But it has a sink that can be connected to a hose, and the counters have fold up extensions. a bank of drawers...Some search terms are stainless carts, outdoor stainless carts.

I also like the rustic cabinets made in Mexico from reclaimed wood. I've been thinking about ordering a hammered copper top for them.

And one of these days Dennis might make us some out of teak. Didn't Dennis recently announce he was going to be handling some stainless stuff?

Sanny' date=' you must be storing your parts like I do...... in the garage; anywhere they'll fit! ;)[/quote']

It's an embarrassment, Johnnyboy!! Sometimes I prop the grill against a planter, but I have to be careful if it's hot - doggy doesn't understand "you'll burn the heck out of your tongue if you lick that!" So, then I have to prop it up against something else.

And the lump is in the shed. But that's all the way at the back of the yard. And the cooker is near the back steps, so the steps become my prep surface. Which is a problem for the dog, again. She has trouble understanding "touch that, and lose a nose!" She DOES understand "wow, that smells really good, and I should have that now, please."

And the grill scraper has been on the side of the bottom step for months. Maybe forever, if I were to be honest.

The fire starters (wax and pressed sawdust) are in a box on the "extra" kitchen chair that is pressed between the table and the kitchen wall. Never have enough people to need to pull the table out to get to the chair, after all...

You get the idea. :(

Trish, thanks for the welcome back. Vacation was great; just too short before returning back to reality! Arghhh... need that retirement thing!!

Sanny, first thing that comes to mind is all the exercise you're getting running between the key areas. Is it time for a bigger house...... na, means more work; you'd have to do another cute paint job. :wink:

BBQ Cart

I have looked on many sites for something to house the components of our KK. No luck, so I have gone to "ye olde workshop" to create a solution.

I am not at home right now, but will post a few pics of it "in-progress".

It is designed to house all components, some wood chips, no lump.

I store my lump behind teh workshop in a rolling garbage can - very easy to move.

sorry about no pics right now.

Nice chest primeats!

I'd cover that for sure!

Just my opinion, after knowing folks with both protected and unprotected teak; I think in a couple years you'll wish you had. It's amazing how fast consecutive days of outdoor weather add up taking it's toll things we use/see periodically. Don't worry, I'll be here when you refinish it and decide to spread those days out over a few years. :P

BBQ Cart - Photos

I have some photos.

Disclaimer: this is "works in progress" you must use some imagination to picture final outcome. I have no blueprint, it is coming directly from the brain cells to the saw. also, the demensions are approx since I have not consulted my notes for this post.

The finished solution will have a slatted top attached to the four upright posts, the top will extend 2"beyond horizontal aspects and will have beadboard siding and 70/30 front doors.

Wheels are two locking 360degree casters in front, two non-locking 360 degree casters in back.

Grill tools will hang on inside of 70 door.

All finished in cherry stain and Satin polyurethane (to match porch ceiling).

Dimensions (includes casters and top):

Overall height - ~37.5"

Overall depth - ~36"

Overall width - ~44"

first pic - straight on, blurry.

the shelfs are all adjustable, so re-arrangement of space is easier.

Pq2j1HSA.jpg

second pic - front focused on short side

rotis, gas burner, room for wood chips on bottom.

Pq2j1Pm0.jpg

third pic - front focused on long side

drip pan, heat deflector, sear grill on bottom, then mid-grill, then top grill, with rib rack rotis motor and drip pan on top

aV1n3itA.jpg

fourth pic - side view

illustrates room left in front of shelfs and the pitch from front to back of the top that will promote anything that drips through the slatted top to run off the back and allow for easier cleanup of the top.

aV1n3TTJ.jpg

I will post finished solution. This will sit on porch to the left of the KK to provide easy access to all required tools, preparation surface and beer bottle (or other beverage) support when required :pint:

Given our HUGELY rainy climate in the Winter (cooker stayed wet even under its Johnny), I'm working up the plans for a small house for it that will spatchcock out when the cooker is in use.

grills, tools, etc will hang on the walls, and there will be a fold up table on each half that will become work space to either side and immediately behind the cooker.

I could scan some of the drawings for comment, if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Mike