tcoliver

Outdoor Cabinets/Carts

Thanks everyone, I too have done many searches on the internet to no avail. Problem is I want something I DO NOT have to cover. Don't want to uncover a cabinet evey time I need a gadget. I am using one of those plastic cabinets now from Home Depot but was looking to upgrade a little. After a while those do get weathered and thats where I'm at now. I do like them because they are actual cabinets and have shelves and drawers for small items in lieu of just one big chest. Well if anyone comes across anything please let me know. Nice job Tucker, can't wait to see the finished product.

Mike, maybe we should have used non-breathable material like Shelter-Rite for your cover. But non-breathable has it's issues too; especially covering something already wet, it never dries. Sorry it hasn't worked out.

I had the pleasure of visiting Redmond 7-15 Feb. I know what a wet climate means now. Everything was wet; I think my hotel room was wet. Rained everyday my first 5 days, then a two day break from rain, but the streets never dried! I couldn't believe it. Never seen anything like it.

Is it like a sauna there in summer with all the moisture?

Johnny,

I wasn't complaining about the cover, the cooker would be a lot wetter and growing algae without it. Our Winters are just a real bugger (Summers are actually very nice - the rains pretty much stop in March.)

What I need is air circulation to allow things to dry out; hence the design for a little house. As I get closer to cutting wood, I'll post some pictures.

Mike

I will have pics to post in a couple of weeks when construction starts, but what we designed is a corner kitchen off the deck. The center of the "kitchen" is an alcove similar to a niche you might see a religious statuette in, but large enough for the KK to roll in and out of. The shape mirrors the shape of the KK and will be tiled in a complimentary color. The left side of the "kitchen" has a prep sink and fridge and a mini keg tap with storage cabinets beneath. The right side will, I know, I know, have a gas grill top and two side burners. The whole thing will be finished in a combination of tile and stainless steel strips and will have built in lighting in side the alcove and along the toe kick and backsplash.

DMAX

an alcove similar to a niche you might see a religious statuette in' date=' but large enough for the KK to roll in and out of. [/quote']

Imagine that. A shrine to a KK. lol Burnt offerings, and all.

I would have thought DC wasn't warm enough in winter to have an outdoor kitcheny place. What do I know?

Very cool Primeats!

I got your number now...

I seen the humor side too; but thought what the heck, might be serious so would rather error on the side of appology than continuing to hit a sensitive note.

So then do I need to measure for a cover? I didn't just say that, no, not me, nada, na, na, na.... :eek::lol:

an alcove similar to a niche you might see a religious statuette in' date=' but large enough for the KK to roll in and out of. [/quote']

Imagine that. A shrine to a KK. lol Burnt offerings, and all.

I would have thought DC wasn't warm enough in winter to have an outdoor kitcheny place. What do I know?

It will surely get more use three quarters of the year, but Al Gore told me it would be a good idea to build it anyway... :roll:

Completed Cart - FINALLY!!

After many months of working a little at a time and in between last minute business trips to various continents and recovering from water damage to the house, I was able to carve out time to finish up my KK Kart project.

The intention was to put a counter adjacent to the KK adn organized all the pieces for it (and get it all out of my workshop!).

I intended to put a slatted top on it to match our teak patio furniture, but the in-laws had a mishap with the install of thier granite counters and I was given a piece of granite I incorporated into the top.

Frame is pine 1.5"x2", panels are smooth birch plywood 1/2", top frame is 2"x6" Cedara with a lip cut into it to accept the granite.

Finish is satin poly on everything except Cedar top, I use Watco oil on it. Everything got 4 coats.

Casters are al l4 swivel, front two lock.

Johnny is in process of making a cover to match KK and Bar with a handle sewn into a seam so I can hang it on the other side of the shepards hook.

For a first shot and doing it all from my head (no plans or drawings), my wife and I are very pleased and I no longer have to use the outside table to stage everything.

aV1wAffi.jpg

Pq1xjmX9.jpg

Pq1xjrWr.jpg

gx1k7jQi.jpg

aV1wAOai.jpg

aV1wA_E0.jpg

Pq1xjYmi.jpg

gx1k7LgS.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys..

Regarding building more for sale, I am not in a position to do anything like that.

As for Post build ideas...

at the top of the list, I would source an exotic wood (Mahogany, Teak, etc) to do the skin and top (no Granite - too bloody heavy!). The Birch ply was hard to get the color done well.

I was not dissapointed by any of the other design elements.

Wow Tucker!!! Cart really turned out nice.

Not that the photo you sent me wasn't nice, but cart's finished now and really looks great!!!

Your cover materials arrived today! I hope to finish your cover this weekend.

Nice post.

Now we all want one.

Will it roll out the gate, or do I need help to lift it over the fence? And will the lab be home?

I want to come steal it!!! :lol: Just kidding....